Quantcast

Better Late than Never: Callum Jelley, Mason Mashon, Whistler Shredding!

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009

Two of the wildest, most entertaining and talented individuals in the biking world drop into Ridemonkey with their thoughts and visions of Whistler's opening week.
---

Words by Callum Jelley
Photos by Mason Mashon

Hello there humans, Just a quick intro on this inaugural post, My name is Callum Jelley and i am a freelance Token Englishman, Photographer, Filmmaker and Footcyclist. I along with my partner in crime Mason Mashon with be doing our best to entertain and inform you as to the best way to enjoy every moment of your summer in Whistler, and if you don’t live here feel free to enjoy vicariously through us.

So another season rolls into play. The nay sayers out there said it couldn’t be done, that there was just too much snow, that the trails would be unridable. We sure showed them. Those hard-working hero’s in the trail crew performed an incredible feet of snow clearing on a Goliath scale and got us a myriad of lower mountain trails to smash come opening day.

Take life a little less seriously...

I do have a confession to make however, I was not in attendance this opening day (first one I’ve missed in 3 years), no this year I was in Hawaii with Sterling Lorence and Aaron Larock shooting. Then Mason Mashon and myself rallied down to Seattle to hang out and ride. After a quick rip of some of the local Seattle downhill trails we returned to the homeland to put in some serious testing in the only place you can get thousands of vertical of riding in ever day!

Mason and I have been shooting for NSMB for the past couple of days on the newly rebuild B-line, which is mind blowing even it’s a wee bit greasy right now and the often forgotten Joyride which was a blast in the wet.

And now for something completely different...

We topped off yesterday with a hike up to Hey Bud and for the 45 minutes of effort we were rewarded with Loam, loam and more loam. I think I’ve found my late summer afternoon extra curricular activity!

Oh...Hey Bud!
[fblike]http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3649998#post3649998[/fblike]

Attachments