Quantcast

Better than M&C

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I would even say it's food of a higher caliber.

The Golden Krust Jamaican Beef Patty. (Spicy).

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
looks like a soulfood hotpocket
i tried oxtail soup at our local jamaican restaurant & it was bloody awful.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
You infidels need to embrace Jah's destiny for you. Paired with a Jamaican Kola Champagne, it's like a Rastafarian communion.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yeah, but you have real tacos. Been back east since Jan. and am in desperate need of carnitas.

I can only find the frozen patties in one specific Asian food market which is now 15 miles from where I'm living. Used to be around the corner from it, but in a hotel where I didn't have an oven...had to warm them in a microwave and put them in a toaster, which often ended with z-grade spiced beef in the crumb tray. Now I have an oven but no good source for patties.

Still trying to find a Jamaican restaurant anywhere in the area.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
http://www.mexicali-blues.com/

You ever consider getting a toaster oven?
Don't ask about the appliance wars. Not something I like to talk about.

Looks like we might be trying Mexican tonight.

I'm scared, though, because somehow "carnitas" on the east coast means "hunks of pork." This is simply an atrocity. But we shall try.

Edit: we braved the heat and the metro derailement to check it out. Although I have to say it's decent for the east coast, it's definitely a Salvadorean restaurant trying to cash in as Mexican. And yeah, their carnitas is chunks of meat, too. Apparently anywhere south of Mexico, this is the case. You deserve a forcible rendition to NorMex (aka San Diego) for re-education.

Last edited:

Lowlight7

Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Virginia, USA
Contrary to popular belief, there are no mexicans on the east coast. We have Salvadorans, Hondurans, Cubans, and Portuguese. And oddly enough they always masquerade as one another. Had the best Cuban sandwich in the worst Portuguese restaurant the other night...

Keep the toaster oven under the sink in the bathroom. Dispose of before you move out. She'll never know.

I have some ether if you need it.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
True. But veggie patties suck...at least the frozen ones. I bet a fresh one isn't bad...