Quantcast

Big bear... Labor Day w/e?

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Anyone up for this weekend? I'll be there Sunday. Bringing the digital camcorder this time. No freakin missed shots this time.

:mumble:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Nope, I'm relaxing San Diego style. Or taking off for Utah, lol.

MD

Riff Raff

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Back in Boulder ready ta ride
downhillzeypher said:
Anyone up for this weekend? I'll be there Sunday. Bringing the digital camcorder this time. No freakin missed shots this time.

I'll be riding in the AM all three days.

It's been my experience using a digital camcorder to take stills, Don't bother... Mine always looked out of focus.

-H

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
downhillzeypher said:

Disposable ADVANTIX camera - cost $11 and taked really good pictures.

Bonus - if you crash, you won't worry about the camera!

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
I'll be sporting a sleeveless Fox jersey, black TLD lid and single crown silver bighit. That diposible sounds better and better... I think I'm going with that. Anyone wanna hook up for pictures?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
downhillzeypher said:
That diposible sounds better and better... I think I'm going with that.
Smart move... I've used them for years in all sorts of weather, they work great and can take a small crash or two.

I've been plesently surprised by the image quality as well...

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
Hey,

I would be up for BB this Sunday. Problem is that I sold my car and I don't have wheels to make it up there. Could anyone give me a lift to BB Saturday night/Sunday AM and get a ride back on Sun. night? I'm willing to chip in for gas both ways. :help:

I live in Irvine, close to the 405 FWY (Culver off of 405). Anyone coming up from the south to BB?

This will be my last run on the left coast before I move to GA by the end of next weekend (not this weekend).

-Eric

shoot me an email: cali4niabiker@hotmail.com or give me a ring, whichever works for you. 949-231-7559

Bobby Peru

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Big Tuna, TX
I will be there this weekend as well... I have an 04 Iron Horse Pro with all the stickers taken off... So it is grey. (duh) LOL.... I will be the newbie that hasn't riden his FS bike @ BB... I won't be hard to miss! LOL

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
Does anyone have room for one or.... a half of a MTBer? I'm getting desperate! I'd ride in the trunk for all I care as long as I can get to BB. :D LOL

Might as well hop on now and keep pedaling all the way to BB and hopefully get there by Saturday morning... :think:

:dead:

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
I'm sorry about that dude... I would give you a ride, but I'm going with some distant family. I have no idea in hell who they are except they can drive and they'll take me.

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
DHzeyph,

No worries bud. I thought that it'd be real cool if I could go for one more run @ BB with some other bikers for good times. If it doesn't work out... no biggie, even though I'm craving for one more good last run... :D :thumb:

-Eric

EDIT: FYI to the monkeys thinking about giving me a spot to BB, I am willing to chip in for gas and/or driving both ways. Something just came up for Saturday night so I am booked for that night. I won't be good to go until Sunday AM and would like to be back by Sunday night or Monday morning, whichever works best. I don't care if you are swinging by at 3 in the morn (I'll be up)!!! Give me a ring or toss me an email.