Quantcast

"Big" bikes for everyday "XC?"

Evilmunch

Monkey
May 5, 2002
NE of ATL
I'm getting a lot of crap from some of my friends for riding a "big bike" for XC here in GA. What's the big deal? I love the extra travel and strength of my AC. Who cares if the bike can handle a lot more punishment than I could ever give it? That's one of the reasons I like it. I'm just not in to hardtails that weigh no more than a box of paper clips. It's just not my thing. I don't ride for race training. I ride for the fun of it. If I wanna spend my cash on a long travel bike just for riding to the gas station to buy beer and cigarettes, then that's my perrogative. Why must I catch so much crap for the kind of bike I ride and the type of riding I do?

Sorry for the rant

Evilmunch

Monkey
May 5, 2002
NE of ATL
Originally posted by VTinCT

I can trackstand, grab some brake, and shake form side to side with like 1-1.5" of play from the front end!:eek: The fork isn't long for this world.
Dude, that sounds dangerous.

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
Originally posted by Evilmunch
I'm getting a lot of crap from some of my friends for riding a "big bike" for XC here in GA. What's the big deal? I love the extra travel and strength of my AC. Who cares if the bike can handle a lot more punishment than I could ever give it? That's one of the reasons I like it. I'm just not in to hardtails that weigh no more than a box of paper clips. It's just not my thing. I don't ride for race training. I ride for the fun of it. If I wanna spend my cash on a long travel bike just for riding to the gas station to buy beer and cigarettes, then that's my perrogative. Why must I catch so much crap for the kind of bike I ride and the type of riding I do?

Sorry for the rant
Its YOUR ride dude!:thumb: I know guys on 4" travel i-drives that drop the nasty, and otherdudes that ride 6" and walk the nasty, who cares!? You're out there doing something that less than 1% of the rest of the people in this world are doing. Its yours, the experience is yours, no one else can define that for you.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
AC2 gets the XC Psylo? Blasphemy. I've had good luck with my SL for the most part. I know the Balfa 2Steps are spec'd with the 03 SL Tulio, so they must be able to take a bit more. I actually want one for my burly hardtail as I don't weigh much anyway.

Maybe you should have skipped the egg sammies for two weeks and gotten the AC1. THE SHERMAN ROCKS.

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
Originally posted by spincrazy
AC2 gets the XC Psylo? Blasphemy. I've had good luck with my SL for the most part. I know the Balfa 2Steps are spec'd with the 03 SL Tulio, so they must be able to take a bit more. I actually want one for my burly hardtail as I don't weigh much anyway.

Maybe you should have skipped the egg sammies for two weeks and gotten the AC1. THE SHERMAN ROCKS.
eating out??? whats that?:confused: Dude, with the lady in school, one income don't cut it for spending...trust me.