Quantcast

Big Sky MT - DH bike worthy?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Anyone ridden at Big Sky lately?

Wife has a work trip out there in September and debating if it's worth us heading out there early for some riding.

Wondering if it's worth a visit and if it's trail or DH bike worthy.

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
Yes and emphatic yes. My sister lives in Bozeman and I make it out a couple times a year and every time I am pumped to ride the big bike at Big Sky. They have been building like crazy and were just wrapping up the final touches on a work of art jump line under the Swiftcurrent chair lift when I was there over the 4th. The double blacks are legit steep and you can have burly rocky trails or machine built bermy stuff if that is your poison. Finish off the day riding back down via the Mountain to Meadow trail that comes out by the golf course. Big Sky is easily my favorite resort in the west but for disclosure, have not ridden any of the ones in Colorado.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yes and emphatic yes. My sister lives in Bozeman and I make it out a couple times a year and every time I am pumped to ride the big bike at Big Sky. They have been building like crazy and were just wrapping up the final touches on a work of art jump line under the Swiftcurrent chair lift when I was there over the 4th. The double blacks are legit steep and you can have burly rocky trails or machine built bermy stuff if that is your poison. Finish off the day riding back down via the Mountain to Meadow trail that comes out by the golf course. Big Sky is easily my favorite resort in the west but for disclosure, have not ridden any of the ones in Colorado.
Thanks!