Quantcast

bike class

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Well, we took our first lesson in bike maintenance last night. It was a two hour class at our LBS. It was very helpful. We got some tricks on changing tires (things I wouldn't have thought of), and we learned how to adjust our derailleurs. Well worth the $10 fee for the class.

Just one problem though: There was an older woman in the class who was fartin'! And DAMN did it stink! I had to walk away from her because I could not stand the stench. How did I know it was her? It was LOUD. Very uncool, man. :mad:

Ranger

Swift, Silent, Deadly!
Aug 16, 2001
Y'all can't see me...
Servus!

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Just one problem though: There was an older woman in the class who was fartin'! And DAMN did it stink! I had to walk away from her because I could not stand the stench. How did I know it was her? It was LOUD. Very uncool, man. :mad:
Some people....

Were you the only one affected or were the others droppin' out as well? At the very least she should have excused herself.

I could only wish that there was a maint. class offered anywhere near here for that kind of $$$.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Ranger
Servus!

Some people....

Were you the only one affected or were the others droppin' out as well? At the very least she should have excused herself.

I could only wish that there was a maint. class offered anywhere near here for that kind of $$$.
I don't know if anyone else smelled it. They MUST have. Cripes, it was nasty!!!!

As far the class goes, we just asked our LBS if they did them. I am sure other shops give lessons as well, but we like these guys. Next week we're going to learn about bearings and how to fix tires and rims.

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Maybe you were in an episode of JackAss. You know, like the one where Jonny Knoxville goes to the Yoga class and keeps ripping loud ones!

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Originally posted by fubar5
I think they discontinueed that show, dam shame:angryfire
The jackass guys, mainly j. knoxville, decided they didn't want to do it again, they had taken things as far as they wanted to go and wanted to do other things.

Check out Sledgehammer on VH1, similar stuff and it's pretty funny. Or, if they ever revive the Upright Citizens Brigade on Comedy Central, you'll love that.