Quantcast

Bike Graphic Design Contest

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Attention all artists. Tantrum Cycles is having a design contest for our 2017 production frames. Top 5 entries get a credit voucher for a discount off a 2017 Tantrum frame of their choice.

Grand Prize up to 100% off a brand new 2017 Tantrum mountain bike frame

you can view the rules and details here:

www.tantrumcycles.com

good luck, have fun and thanks in advance to all who take the time to enter.

b

ronnyg801

Chimp
May 27, 2009
my vote, post design winners is: pick one to two colors for each frame, black or flat black plus something "current" bright neon yellow or these new dumb rusty metallics etc.. but send them with two sticker kits. I got a specialized P3 a few years ago, flat black and came with two different kits. I was sooo stoked to not have to pull decals. Gives people some more choice.

And well your paid graphic designer, I would assume isnt in the MTB scene or they are into walmart bikes, or thats where they did their research for "designs". Sorry but they lack impact, style and weird faces on the front screaming? cooooooool. To each their own though

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
And maybe the Pro model could be a House of Pain tribute with a bunch of shamrock graphics just for all the Ridemonkey East Coast Rox dudes of a certain age.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I vote calling it the "lex steele in aluminum"
This is where I was going to say Bikey McBikeface, but someone already beat me to the punch in the other thread.

Really, he should have posted this contest on a mountain bike website instead.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
This is where I was going to say Bikey McBikeface, but someone already beat me to the punch in the other thread.

Really, he should have posted this contest on a mountain bike website instead.
And in the Downhill Section. About uphill pedalling.

Club Fed is not a spa if you wondered @ Tantrum Bicycles

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I'd like to submit the bighit "random slabs of meat" edition as my entry.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Strava branded paint job for all those dentists who will crush those climbs and a long travel bike to make it over a few roots in the trail.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I also have this design, it's not much to look at, but it has bacon.
220286_658783381058_1620884_o.jpg

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
having a contest isnt necessarily the best way to get solid design work. budget and whatnot aside. good luck with everything.
well, it certainly is making the intra web light up!!. Believe it or not, I actually have quite a few friends in the bike industry. When I floated the idea, they all loved it. This included a few pro graphics guys. They thought it'd be fun and good PR. Happy winner with his new bike.

Despite the controversy, I'm having a lot of fun with it and meeting some cool, talented people.

thanks

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I might be late to the party but I suggest naming it the Tantrum Cycles Flesh Torpedo. Put a Gu packet holder on the downtube that will blast vanilla Gu in your face during hard compressions. I can't see how that would not sell like a millionty bikes.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
my vote, post design winners is: pick one to two colors for each frame, black or flat black plus something "current" bright neon yellow or these new dumb rusty metallics etc.. but send them with two sticker kits. I got a specialized P3 a few years ago, flat black and came with two different kits. I was sooo stoked to not have to pull decals. Gives people some more choice.

And well your paid graphic designer, I would assume isnt in the MTB scene or they are into walmart bikes, or thats where they did their research for "designs". Sorry but they lack impact, style and weird faces on the front screaming? cooooooool. To each their own though
People have suggested customizable sticker packs, it's a consideration. Of course, It all adds to expense.

As for the artist that did the current graphics? I gave him a free hand. He is a reputable local pro at a well known agency. He's a young hip dude that knows the scene. Mighta been had some rad piercing or some such. I'm not complaining about the work he did. It didn't really blow my dress up or I'd keep it. Or modify it.

Don't be sorry for stating that. The face however, I take full responsibility for. I like it. And since it's my company, I get to do what I want. I want to have fun with a screaming face on my head tube.