Quantcast

BIKE magazine

Good point, but I agree with everything he said.
See thread called Duvall trails. The one of many.
Or any of the exits...

The trail(s) we are working on now will be shown to NO ONE. Not even some of the people that helped work on the Duvall trails will know about these ones. Some of them have too many "close, personal" friends.
Don't get me wrong, they will get found eventually. In the meantime people will bitch about secret trails. To them I say - GO BUILD YOUR OWN. I don't care about the argument that they are built on public property, I'm still not telling anyone where their at.
And we are also in the planning stages on some trails that will be built on private property (with owners permission) that will be kept the same way.

agreed! Build your own and deal...dont steal some one elses trail with out permission. You guys think everyone owes you , to ride their trail half the stuff on most of the trails you e-bikers couldnt ride anywyas. Its HUGE..video huge.:banana:

Jun 18, 2004
agreed! Build your own and deal...dont steal some one elses trail with out permission. You guys think everyone owes you
Is it "stealing" if it's public property?

or is it "stealing" from the public by building on it?

or should I just excuse your english?:cheers:

Is it "stealing" if it's public property?

or is it "stealing" from the public by building on it?

or should I just excuse your english?:cheers:
who owns the land is not what I mean. If the forest servie owns the and some kids build there own trail, its their trail. Respect that, ask them to find it and ride with them. Dont just pooch it and ride it..its someones baby. Have respect to peoples stuff...:cheers:

typing and english , dont really pay attention on the internet:banana:

Jun 18, 2004
who owns the land is not what I mean. If the forest servie owns the and some kids build there own trail, its their trail. Respect that, ask them to find it and ride with them. Dont just pooch it and ride it..its someones baby. Have respect to peoples stuff...:cheers:

typing and english , dont really pay attention on the internet:banana:
I hear what your saying...

I find that being respectful goes a long way... also showing up w/a shovel and putting in a 1/2 to a full days work goes a long way aswell...

but the thing is if it's not on private land then eventually peeps are gonna ride it that arn't invited... that's just the way it goes...

unless its 10mi down a dirt road and they can't find it... or finding the trail head is next to impossible or the push up will make yhou blow chunks... deterants such as this seem to well to an extent...

I guess the only way around that is breakin' pinkies:bonk: ... and I don't see that happening in Wa... supposedly that happend on the shore...

I hear what your saying...

I find that being respectful goes a long way... also showing up w/a shovel and putting in a 1/2 to a full days work goes a long way aswell...

but the thing is if it's not on private land then eventually peeps are gonna ride it that arn't invited... that's just the way it goes...

unless its 10mi down a dirt road and they can't find it... or finding the trail head is next to impossible or the push up will make yhou blow chunks... deterants such as this seem to well to an extent...

I guess the only way around that is breakin' pinkies:bonk: ... and I don't see that happening in Wa... supposedly that happend on the shore...

the muntian... is so hard to find anyways, its a hour hike up. but I agree with you...its just other people who dont get it. yea, Im sure people are still going to ride others trails, but there are better ways of doing I guess.:spam:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
This trail is also in Back In the Saddle (again). Just got the movie off Netflix and recognized the hippie huts. They show Wade riding with the builders. I think they used some shots of wade in the Bike article too... Its a pretty cool segment. Super sketchy looking at times...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i just heard that all this rain caused the mountain to collapse so the trail is gone.

Look at how many views this thread got, it's just an impossibility to show off something and keep it secret too. If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound kind of thing. If someone is goin big in the woods and nobody is there to appreciate it, then what good is it? Oh but we can't have anyone know where it's at, so you get the cliques circling the wagons to try to protect their goods....

i wish more people and sponsors of people would work on the foundations of making things legit so the next generation doesn't have to deal with this stupid backwards crap. It's taking time and i've seen participation of killer stuff by GHY guys and Fluidride etc... But it bogues me out to see all this hype is what dominates, and from that we get a philosophy of building whatever, wherever, and just keeping it on the DL because it's cool but we all know nothing stays a secret forever.... then everyone starts doing there own thing and cutting in there own lines, and next thing you know the forest police arrive...

It's old in my book.

Anyways i'm gonna go out in the rain today and work on Collonade. Yah i know it's far from the "ideal" answer to all the illegal freeride woes, but it's a start...

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
You know, I haven't been a part of a lot of illegal trail building lately. Actually, I've been out of the riding scene for the better part of 2 years due to me being an idiot and working too much. Now that I'm at college, I'm looking for something to do with my time on my days off.

Now that I'm getting back into the sport, I've realized that there isn't much local govt. is willing to do to help progress the sport. Maybe it's a lack of people willing to voice their concerns? I think the Colonnade idea is awesome, my hat is off to the BBTC guys and all the volunteers. However, I think we, as a mountain biking community, are capable of much more. Are there many people pushing local gov't. to allow building projects? Or is it an uphill battle? I grew up in Chelan where there wasn't a skate park for years. I remember being in about 6th grade and locals were presenting the idea to the city council. By the time I was a sophomore in high school, it finally happened only because a few individuals were willing to go in and pound on the city council to get something worked out. Maybe that's what we need? A few dedicated people to help things along. It might not be a full time job, but maybe a few hours a week of leg work.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
You'd probably be surprised at what IS being done behind the scenes to get legal FR/DH going around here. But, as always, the precious few are the ones that actually get up from behind the computer or off their trailhead soapbox and do something. We've seen a lot of talk for several years now and not a lot of action. If y'all want it that bad, you shold be able to sit in a few meetings and "sacrifice" a few riding days for the long term.

I'm with Skooks, It's all getting so old. The government agencies are doing more than ever to help get things rolling. For years, King Co was very anti-bike. Now, they are offering us places to build at. The shift has begun. Justin and the BBTC folks have done a lot but could do so much more if they got help. Getting on board now will also get you a lot less frustration and roadblocks to progress than there was as early as 3-4 years ago.