Quantcast

Bike storage at diablo?

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Just a quick question for the diablo people. I'm coming up for the weekend, but planning to crash with friends in the city over night. Is there a place I can stash my bike so it doesn't get stolen while I'm out on the town? You think they'd let me leave it in the back of the shop?

ninja4life

Chimp
Jul 17, 2009
Bergen County,NJ
They won't let you keep it in the shop. before i bought my DH bike.i asked if i could keep my XC bike in there while i rented . i was told they don't even let there employees store ther bikes there.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
That's kinda dick of them. . .
why? while it may be convienient for you to store your bike there, why should they have to take on the extra responsibility for protecting your bike from theft? extra costs for locks, but mainly insurance. maybe instead of thinking that they're dicks, how bout sending them an email making a suggestion of getting sometype of bike locker that people can rent to store their bike outside of the shop.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
leave it out under a bright light, hide in some nearby bushes with a 12gauge and have some fun

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Come to think of it, hiding it in the woods is probably a pretty good idea. Just hide it by some trails that nobody rides, like the section of legion that comes after tempest. I don't think I've ever seen anyone over there, haha.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
ha yea thas a bit of a hike up the hill...but for the record I'm by no means advocating such an act...I'm pretty sure being on the mtn after operating hours is trespassing...

mtnbiker49

Monkey
Jul 12, 2009
Milford, PA
Don't trust anyone at Diablo or Mtn Creek .period. There are some people out there that think that stealing a cooler with a last name on it is something okay to do and not even bringing it to guest services.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
well, not to be overly rude, but if you were gonna steal something, bringing it to guest services would kinda defeat the purpose...but yea i hear ya def gotta be careful bout what you leave sittin around

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
ha yea thas a bit of a hike up the hill...but for the record I'm by no means advocating such an act...I'm pretty sure being on the mtn after operating hours is trespassing...
Well he said he'd be riding saturday, so he could just leave the bike hidden at the end of his last run, walk the rest of the way down, and then get it the next morning.

I'm not saying it's a GOOD idea. Just that it might work.

(And yeah, I'm sort of secretly hoping that he does it because that would be hilarious)