Quantcast

Bike thieves suck!!!!

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
I'm now part of the worse club in the world - the stolen bike club. I happened to me last friday - after doing a few laps around my local trail I was heading home. Called a local restaurant and made a togo order - parked next to the restaurant walked in, paid for and picked up food. Walked back out to my jeep and my bike was gone.
2010 Trek Top Fuel 9.9 SSL

Called police but as you know I will most likely never see her again. Still waiting to hear back from homeowners insurance to see if I'll be able to recoup and of the cost.

It's been a long time coming but I'm finally going to switch over to 29in wheels. I ordered a 2018 Trek Fuel EX 9.9 and it should be here this weekend.

I'm looking forward to the new bike but DAMN am I going to miss my old bike.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
You know as soon as you take delivery of the new scoot that the old one will be recovered, right? :)

Sucks, but be happy that you have the means to affect the purchase of a new one so quickly.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Welcome to the club? Nice to have you here?

Not really. Sucks that your old steed got boosted, and I'm sure homeowners will cover some portion of that (they did for me). Good luck with the new bike and may it ride so well you forget about the mental anguish!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Does anyone know if there is a GPS tracker small enough to hide on a bike, like inside the frame ? I remember there being one that was a start-up biz a few years ago that was pretty small. Wonder if it could be modified to stick into the downtube accessed via BB shell.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
A little update - one week after reporting the bike stolen, ordering and receiving my new bike, the cops call me to tell me they found my bike in front of a liquor store in the $hiTTy part of town. Bike was a little beat up but nothing that can't be fixed. Good news but no insurance money for the new bike. OUCH!