Quantcast

Bike to work day

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
This Friday is national bike to work day, show your support by biking to work.

More info can be found here:

http://www.ridelink.org/Special_Promotions_and_New_Programs/Bike_to_work_day/index.asp

Last year pit stops had water, power bars, T-Shirts and cupons for discounted or free lunches around the county. Stop by a pit stop and let the folks know where you rode from and where you are going to improve bike lanes and pathways in San Diego.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
It seems like this same issue came up last year, for whatever reason San Diego's transportation department has decided that it will be Friday instead of Thursday.

David SD38

Chimp
May 25, 2005
El Cajon
Friday was my day off , so Iwas able to ride 80 miles & stop at 7 support staions & thank them for their effort. I followed it up with a 22 mile MTB ride on Saturday with the guys from Rock MTB , pretty tough 2 days after not riding for 3 weeks.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
riding again on thursday. i have been averaging 1 ride to work per week. i want to get up to two, but i haven't made it happen more than once yet in the past two months.

roberts

Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
unless it's raining, or I have to bring my dry cleaning to work. It's three miles. I try to ride everywhere within 4 miles. It's amazing how much driving this cuts out.

The best way for work - leave work clothes at work and change once there. I have my own office, so this may not work for all. Ask your boss if you can store clothes anywhere to change into b/c you want to ride bike to work. Many jobs will try to help you be "green" by giving you somewhere to change.

The people who piss me off are the losers who drive to the 24 hour fitness by my house. The 'hood is safe and I guarantee most of them live within 4 or 5 miles.