Quantcast

Biker Bar Near SoMo. Get out your leathers!

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Actually it's not THAT kind of a bar, it's supposedly intended for us lycra-wearing types. Here's the email:

Mack Dog..

Hey man thought you would be interested. Scabbaged from my motorcycle forum:

Spokes! (The Restaurant/Bar)
Spokes is coming soon!!!

For those of you who haven't heard, a fellow biker (bicycle biker) has been working to open up a bar and restaurant near Central and Dobbins. For those of you familiar with the area, this is the quaint little building on the west side of Central, south of the Coyoacan restarant and immediately north of the Circle K on the corner of Central and Dobbins. A great location for mountain bikers and roadies finishing off rides at South Mountain.

Anyway, I just wanted to give y'all a heads-up that Spokes will be opening soon. I'll try and set up a beer night when the doors officially open. Spread the word! It's going to be a pretty bitchin' little place. Lots of cool metal work in there, including a custom sign that he'll hopefully be hanging outside soon...

Later bro…hope you are having fun in CO….I wish I was with you instead of here.
I’m bored!

rhino
Looks interesting!! It's a bit on the wrong side of SoMo for me, but sh!t ... if the beer's cold and food's hot, I'll change my ways. If and when I find out the opening date, I'll post it here. Maybe a group ride & pint is in order.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
That sounds about where Los Dos Molinos is (or was- haven't been down that way in a while). If that's the case it is where Tom Mix's house was in Phoenix.

At any rate, there are several different ways to get there via trails and you can always take the canal back if the "slosh" factor gets a bit on the high side.

A group ride is definitely in order!

thejames

Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
austin
the guy that is opening this place is pretty cool, he bought a 10,000 dollar livestrong trek road bike from us just to show in the bar.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Rolled down to Spokes on saturday for a couple drinks. A few bikes on the wall, crank arms for door handles, a mixed crowd of mountain and road bikers coexisting in harmony, great menu and a very cool bartender named Mike leads me to a rating of

Do yourself a favor and stop in.

rewarder

Chimp
Nov 6, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
What are the hour of operation? Also, does anybody have the phone number. Is there a dress code like spandex and the little italian hat with the visor flipped up? I'm thinking of going there this week if they are open for lunch.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I asked about the hours at night and if there is no one there, they will close. There was talk of a regular night ride down there this summer.

I'm sure they're open fer lunch.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
The second visit:

A few monkeys rolled National sunday and hit Spokes after. Marksee and Screech were less impressed with the joint. Crazy Jeff got drunk very fast, but seemed to enjoy his biscuits and gravy. We all enjoyed the cute and chatty bartender.