Quantcast

Bionic leg x-rays

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
In a foolhardy attempt to imitate Skookum, I Skookumized my leg. Here are the results taken about two weeks ago. I am walking again, and doing physical therapy but won't be doing any serious riding for another two weeks or so. Just thought I would share...

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
MudGrrl said:
is it just me, or does it look like there is a screw just floating around in your leg?
I saw that too, it looks like they missed the little hole in the plate or something. sketchy.

Nice leg, how'd that happen?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
The "floating" screw is in the bone, it's just screwed in from another direction. It broke in 3 places.

I did it at Big Bear. It was the last run before lunch (isn't it always!?) and I lost it in some really loose dirt. As I was crashing I instinctivly blew out of the pedals (clipless) and smacked my lower leg into a big ol rock. In retrospect, I should have kept the rock as a souvenier.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
thats one that goes in from the side not through the plate. looks like its floatin there

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Ciaran said:
In a foolhardy attempt to imitate Skookum, I Skookumized my leg. Here are the results taken about two weeks ago. I am walking again, and doing physical therapy but won't be doing any serious riding for another two weeks or so. Just thought I would share...

Duuuuuuuude that sucks I feel bad for you. Hope you get better asap. Good luck with the rehab sounds painful.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
sucks about the leg. at least you got a lot of titanium out of the deal :D
biggins said:
thats one that goes in from the side not through the plate. looks like its floatin there
like he said it goes through the bone even tho it doesn't go through the plate.