Quantcast

Birthers?!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ya know, I wonder if this was a move by Obama to further divide the GOP / conservatives / right wing now that the next presidential election is starting; to see them come up with even crazier conspiracies.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
ya know, I wonder if this was a move by Obama to further divide the GOP / conservatives / right wing now that the next presidential election is starting; to see them come up with even crazier conspiracies.
Trump doesnt need any help with coming up with crazy conspiracies. now apparently Obama was too dumb to get into Columbia and or Harvard

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Think about everyone you know. Then think about how many people there are in the world. Recognize the fact that 50% of them are below average intelligence.
I know a friend of my parents who was the CEO for a MAJOR pharma company (retired a few years back) and he and his wife are birthers. So this isn't limited to the unintelligent. Like some have said, they just don't WANT to believe.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I know a friend of my parents who was the CEO for a MAJOR pharma company (retired a few years back) and he and his wife are birthers. So this isn't limited to the unintelligent. Like some have said, they just don't WANT to believe.
rofl. you think CEO's are intelligent? They're generally just puppets.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
so he's to blame for this:
State Dept. wants to make it harder to get a passport

(or in your case, a 2nd concurrent one)
Ummm, having fully read this article now and talked to some friends who work in the consular field, this is NOT a big deal for most everyone. It is a big deal for people who already would have had a lot of proving to do anyhow. Not going to get into who has to do this, because the list of fraud indicators is kind of guarded. But there are people whose birth circumstances warrant further investigation in this kind of detail.

These people already would have to answer all these questions to a fraud prevention manager or federal agent anyhow; the form just compiles most of what they'd ask in a neater format to establish the framework of the interview beforehand.

My impression at first glance was that someone was trying to impose this on all passport applicants. Certainly not the case.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
the [right wing] opinion pages of the WSJ: "The certificate reveals that the future president was born Barack Hussein Muhammad Jihad Guevara Manson Obama on July 4, 1976, in Pyongyang, North Korea. Not only is he not a natural-born citizen, he's not even old enough to be president. And his mother, Ethel Rosenburg, lists her religion as "Stalinist."

:rofldurka:

oh, to be released on may 17th: http://www.amazon.com/Wheres-Birth-Certificate-Eligible-President/dp/1936488299

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
I like how Time magazine phrased it:

Trumps Owns YOU

Conspiracists do not believe conspiracies because of evidence. They believe because they want to believe. Whatever subaltern message the birther theories actually represented—Obama is dishonest, Obama is alien, Obama is not one of us—those are not going away because of some silly fact. Expect the forwarded chain e-mail from your cranky uncle any day now, thoroughly documenting how the so-called "longform" birth certificate was not in fact long enough, was photoshopped, does not stand up to magnification, was planted in the files by ACORN or does in fact represent the birth of some baby named Barack Obama, who was abducted shortly after Earth birth and replaced with a tiny cyborg created by gay Muslim communists.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: awesome.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
the [right wing] opinion pages of the WSJ: "The certificate reveals that the future president was born Barack Hussein Muhammad Jihad Guevara Manson Obama on July 4, 1976, in Pyongyang, North Korea. Not only is he not a natural-born citizen, he's not even old enough to be president. And his mother, Ethel Rosenburg, lists her religion as "Stalinist."
is his sister's name Maya Hitler Pol-Pot Khan Bundy Pickton Obama?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
John McCormack is a staff writer at The Weekly Standard.

To quash the conspiracy theory that he was not born in this country, Barack Obama released his long-form birth certificate today that shows he was born in Hawaii. In 2008, Obama released his "certification of live birth," which is for legal purposes as good as his long-form birth certificate. But after Obama released that document in 2008, conspiracy theorists demanded to see the original long-form certificate that includes more information, such as the name of the attending physician at the hospital where he was born.

Why did Obama wait until April 27, 2011 to release this document? A White House official emails Ben Smith: "I am not going to argue the politics of doing this are good — they probably aren't. Allowing the GOP primary to devolve into birther mania probably would be better, but the president felt strongly that this was bad for the country."

So in that statement the official reveals what was always apparent: Team Obama thought the "birther issue" was politically advantageous for them. By refusing to release the document, they gave the conspiracy theory just enough oxygen to keep it alive and make Republicans look crazy when asked about it by their constituents (obviously, the most die-hard "birthers" will summarily call the "long-form" certificate a forgery or find other excuses to keep their fevered dreams alive).

Perhaps the Obama White House really concluded just now the issue is "bad for the country," but it's equally if not more plausible that, contrary to that White House official's statement, Obama finally concluded the issue is bad for Obama. More people than ever now doubt Obama is a natural-born citizen, and Donald Trump's talking on TV about the birth certificate for the past month hasn't kept Obama's poll numbers from ticking downward.
http://www.npr.org/2011/04/27/135776650/weekly-standard-why-quash-the-birthers-now?ps=rs

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
so I was right?
Possibly, but I'm not holding my breath. I actually yelled out "Noooooooo!!!!" when it was announced on NPR that Obama was releasing his long form. I don't really believe that many (non-republican) voters were really giving the "conspiracy" any thought other than how nutty it made the republicans look. I actually have a hard time imagining something nuttier coming to the fore any time soon. I suppose its possible, the republicans never fail to disappoint with the batsh1t. Michelle Bachman, I'm talking about you. :crazy:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I suppose its possible, the republicans never fail to disappoint with the batsh1t. Michelle Bachman, I'm talking about you. :crazy:
"I have the president’s certificate right here," he said. "It’s certified, it’s got a certification number. It’s got the registrar of the state signed. It’s got a seal on it. And it says 'this copy serves as prima facie evidence of the fact of birth in any court proceeding.'"

Bachmann replied, "Well, then that should settle it."

"So it’s over?" the host asked.

"That’s what should settle it," she said. "I take the president at his word and I think — again I would have no problem and apparently the president wouldn’t either. Introduce that, we’re done. Move on."

"Well this has been introduced. So this story is over?" Stephanopoulos pressed.

"Well as long as someone introduces it I guess it’s over," she said, adding later, "That is not the main issue facing the United States right now."
just bonkers, i tell ya

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
just b/c she has crazy eyes doesn't mean she's crazy

adopting 23 children, however....

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
just b/c she has crazy eyes doesn't mean she's crazy

adopting 23 children, however....
I think the best description of Bachman I have heard is "a treasure trove of bat****tery"

"I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence."

"Normalization (of gayness) through desensitization. A very effective way to do this with a bunch of second graders is to take a picture of "The Lion King" for instance, and a teacher might say, "Do you know the music for this movie was written by a gay man?" The message is: I'm better at what I do because I'm gay."

"I know for my family, the only question that we will be answering is how many people are in our home. We won't be answering any information beyond that, because the Constitution doesn't require any information beyond that."

"Michael Steele! You be da man! You be da man!"

"I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out: Are they pro-America or anti-America?"

"There are hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them holding Nobel Prizes, who believe in intelligent design."

"I don't know where they're going to get all this money because we're running out of rich people in this country."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Possibly, but I'm not holding my breath. I actually yelled out "Noooooooo!!!!" when it was announced on NPR that Obama was releasing his long form. I don't really believe that many (non-republican) voters were really giving the "conspiracy" any thought other than how nutty it made the republicans look. I actually have a hard time imagining something nuttier coming to the fore any time soon. I suppose its possible, the republicans never fail to disappoint with the batsh1t. Michelle Bachman, I'm talking about you. :crazy:
i think what the GOP will struggle with now is focusing on real issues.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Alternately, the white areas may be the result of a sloppy effort to eliminate a white background on the scanned image of the certificate and drop it over the green textured background. In Photoshop and similar image editing programs, it is possible to select areas based on color or contrast and eliminate those areas and make them transparent so a background image shows through. The process is far from perfect, especially when attempted by an inexperienced Photoshop user. It can leave behind telltale artifacts or jagged areas of original pixels, in this case white pixels from the original background.

As a long time user of Photoshop and Illustrator, I believe the second explanation is the likely reason there are white areas around the text and lines. It is a sloppy effort to eliminate a background.
That guy's a fvcking idiot.

Now that we have established that the document is an obvious forgery,
Wait.....um......no

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
That guy's a fvcking idiot.

Wait.....um......no
It's obvious by the TEXT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE DOCUMENT that it's a copy of the original record and not a scan of the original birth certificate. The green paper background is simply what the file office used.

DROP THIS SH1T ALREADY YOU FVCKING FVKTARD FVCKS.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I wish he was 100 feet tall with a laser cock so he could fvck all the southern states to death.
Do you work for backcountry.com:D

We messed up. Yesterday, as the people of Alabama dealt with the devastating aftermath of an intensely damaging and life-taking tornado, we neglected to put a stop to the distribution of an email with the header: "Mother Nature hates you. Deal with it." This was extremely insensitive and offensive, and we are so sorry.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for this mistake. What was intended to be witty marketing copy may have been when we wrote these words two weeks ago, but in light of current events and the suffering of people affected by Mother Nature's wrath, it is not only not witty, it is completely unacceptable.

We at Backcountry.com send our deepest condolences to the families of those who lost their lives and to everyone now faced with rebuilding their homes and their communities. And again, we extend our sincerest apologies for our lack of foresight and our complete insensitivity in sending yesterday's email.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
America, Land of the Free!

Except people of color, we'll need to see your papers. No exceptions. :think:
not really; the chinese are free to come & go as they please, just so long as they stay on the railroads they built

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Interesting read here. Just need Ohio to go read it so he can tell us why all the polling numbers are off and why the questions are written incorrectly.
WASHINGTON -- The release of President Barack Obama's long-form birth certificate Wednesday took many observers by surprise. Many pundits questioned the timing and the political wisdom of the announcement, a sentiment White House Communications Director Dan Pfieffer seemed to confirm. He suggest to reporters at that morning's press briefing that it might have been in the president's "long-term political interests to allow this birther debate to dominate discussion in the Republican Party for months to come."

But that may not have been the case. The most recent public polling on the issue shows that, overall, doubts about Obama's birth had been growing glacially at best, and not at all among independents. While the vast majority of Obama supporters and swing voters give the "birther" theories little credence, the controversy sharply divides Republicans. Moreover, even though release of Obama's long-form birth certificate is dramatic and unparalleled, it is unlikely to make a significant dent in any of these attitudes.