Quantcast

Bleeding brakes.....

OCDH

Chimp
Feb 5, 2002
Orange County, CA
SUCKS! I just don't understand why I have to bleed my $450 brakeset with a $5 plastic bottle and .50 worth of tubing:mad:

Anyone have any suggestions on a better way to bleed brakes? My little hand was squeezing that d@mn plastic bottle so hard that I couldn't keep equal pressure, which resulted in air bubbles in the line which resulted in me having to squeeze more...well, you get the point. It took me two really good tries to get the back brake bled:mad: :mad: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I didn't read the entire link, but I am one of the few that uses the bottles and prefers them over the syringe. One thing that the manual mentions that is very important is to squeeze for 5 sec, then release for 3. This sucks air out of the caliper. Also, the slower you push the fluid through, the better it works. And make sure that there are no high or even flat spots in the line where air could collect.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Originally posted by RhinofromWA
The link worked for me........

I printed it out for my shop book.
It looks like it just expired last week. I don't know if they're planning on renewing it, but the kit is available on NSMB.com as well.

Shanks

Chimp
Jan 3, 2004
Ontario, Canada
When shimano came out with there setup we bought 2, 1 is used for shimano and maguras, the other just for hayes.

You can also go to farm supply stores and pick up syringes. Big ones. Attach the hoses that your kit came with. On the lever end run the little hose into a bottle, I elastic the one that comes with brakes to the bar and use that as a recovary.

IF you need more description. I can take photo's..

Hoe that helped!