Quantcast

Bling Bling!!! (minus bondo)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Here are some shots of the Diamond Back DBX frame that was shot "Gold Chrome" with 24K gold metal flake clear overe the top. The pictures hardly do it justice, but you get the idea.

The frame is sweet, and the complete build from DB is nice (full Saint group). This frame was given to my lbs for demo. Thom built it with some good parts as a trail bike.

this is the frame I found a patch job on the chainstay (bondo or something). I sent the chain stay back to DB headquarters near Seattle and I'm waiting to hear back on the findings. They did rush me out a replacement chainstay (sans bondo) prior to me sending them the old one so there was no downtime.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Originally posted by bikeCOLORADO
It's almost too purdy for a DH bike...I hope you don't take it easy on that screaming beauty just to keep the paint from getting dinged...
It's powder coat, it won't ding easy. the factory finish was wet paint and was too weak. It will bee ridden hard, but it's a hose off finish that looks good in the sun :cool:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Originally posted by Incubus
Good looking paint job.

Them is some heavy cranks for a trail bike. What do you think of X-type?
The Diabolus cranks are SWEET! More money than I would spend, but this being a test bike, it's perfect. Nothing is "too heavy" for a PNW trail bike!