Quantcast

BlkMrkt Mob Sizing.

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
Hey everyone, I've been looking into a new frame and I think I've landed on the mob. I won't be getting a new frame for a bit, but it's always nice to know ahead of time.

My only real question is, the sizing, I'm 6'0", size 11 feet and I would like decent clearance for barspins and x-ups.

I'm wondering if the 22" will suit me fine, or should I bump up to the 22.5"?

Sorry if this has all been covered before.

Thanks,

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
i'm 6'1" and i got the 22.5" MOB. definitely rad. it still doesn't feel like a superlong bike. it's just that their other ones are so short. my old DK Xenia had a 22.2"tt. size wise they feel pretty similar as you'd expect, although the MOB's half inch shorter CS and slightly steeper HA makes if feel very bmx-y.

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
Nice, thanks for the help guys. I'm leaning towards the 22.5.

If anyone has any other opinions, they would be greatly appriciated.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Don't get me wrong, I love my 22", feels good, but I x-up goofy (towards my forward foot), and it really doesn't work. I have the same trouble with my Fallguy, but if you really like x's and barspings, I might think about getting a 22.5".

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Don't get me wrong, I love my 22", feels good, but I x-up goofy (towards my forward foot), and it really doesn't work. I have the same trouble with my Fallguy, but if you really like x's and barspings, I might think about getting a 22.5".
what size cranks you runnin and shoe size?

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
On which bike. Either way I have size 10 shoes. On the Tonic I have 170s and the Mob at 175s. If I did xups normal it would work out a lot better, but because I'm goofy I have the problem. (I suppose if I cranked it I would still have problems, xups were not meant to just be done 180 degrees :-))

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
Thanks t1, you just set me on the 22.5.

I also x-up and barspin goofy, I guess I should have added that in to the first post.

175 cranks too.

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
A little bumpity bump.

The 2009 mob is a go for me in the next while, and I see that they're offering another size.

Now, I will be running 170mm cranks and I still x-up and barspin to my forward foot.

jeff da grom

Monkey
Apr 20, 2007
Long Island
I have a 22.5 mob with 175 cranks... and i'm about 6' w/size 12 shoes. I can x-up w/out problems... I've only tried barspins into foam, but foot clearance is not an issue.

The size feels great for a bigger person.

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
My MOB 4X Race bike is a 22.25 and feels great, Im 5'10" and am use to a 22", but the little bit in the front is great for gravity fed riding. A 1/2" is a big difference in top tube, it depends on what you like and your riding style. The 22 is going to be more "flickable, the 22.5 will give you more room. Shred.

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
Thanks for the advice Salty.

The TT on my P2-cro is 22.3, allthough it has some different geo numbers, like a higher BB and shorter chainstays, it shouldn't be too far off.

A shorter stem can also be thrown on if needed.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
A p.2 and a Mob have completely different geometry numbers. Like every conceivable angle is different. They are nothing alike.

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
Head angle, both 69*, Seat angle, 70* and 71*. The BB is .63 of an inch higher on the Mob. The Mob also has a lower stand over height. The chainstays are a touch shorter on the Mob.

From the info Blackmarket has given on their site, it's not too far off.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
i'm 6'1" and i got the 22.5" MOB. definitely rad. it still doesn't feel like a superlong bike. it's just that their other ones are so short. my old DK Xenia had a 22.2"tt. size wise they feel pretty similar as you'd expect, although the MOB's half inch shorter CS and slightly steeper HA makes if feel very bmx-y.
also, the MOB has a higher bb, which adds to the bmx feeling. mine is 13" from the ground up to the center of the crank spindle (with an 80mm manitou gold label fork. floor to headset bottom bearing about 29.5"). the DK bb height is 12 5/8" with a 100mm travel fork. (floor to headset bottom bearing is 30.5"). so the DK's front end is an inch higher, but the bottom bracket is still almost half inch lower. did'nt bother to compare tire height but they're about the same.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Head angle, both 69*, Seat angle, 70* and 71*. The BB is .63 of an inch higher on the Mob. The Mob also has a lower stand over height. The chainstays are a touch shorter on the Mob.

From the info Blackmarket has given on their site, it's not too far off.
Are you talking 08' numbers for the p.2? I was basing on 07'. You may be right. I gotta check.

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
I was going 07, P2-cromo.

It would be nice if Blackmarket did list the full specs on the frame.

The order hasn't gone through, which gave me the change to change my mind and go for the 22.25.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
I think I just realized that the 07' and 08' cromo frames have the same geometry. I thought they changed it up for 08'. In that case you are correct that the frames have similar geometries. I guess I was thinking 06' whn the bb was like 10" off the ground with long stays...