Quantcast

Blood Sweat & Gears - X Post

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Monkeys,
This is a cross post from the South Lounge.

I hope you can help me out. My client wants us to take our sampling program to the Blood, Sweat & Gears event in Boone, NC.

blood, sweat & gears

has anyone been to this event? any idea what the sponsorship area attendance is like?

Anything you can tell me regarding the event would be helpful.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I didn't do it last year (but drove up for it) but had done it the previous two. It is a well run event. Most folks I guess are from NC and SC. I know that I've talked to folks from other states like Virginia and Georgia. Last year they had a huge turnout, close to 800 riders, which was up from previous years.

Its a brutal ride in that there is little or no flat on it. Either up or down almost the entire time. I can also tell you that if Chris Harkey goes, he will finish first as always.

Would do it this year but will be in Colorado. Going to do Bridge to Bridge instead.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
At the start there are quite a few people. The finish not so much but still not bad. It takes about 2.5 to 3 hours for most of the folks to get done from the first (about 5 hours ) to the last (about 8 hours). However, once done folks leave quick to eat and get somewhere they can get prone. There are some town folk who show up and the Floridians that make the area their summer home.