Quantcast

Blue cheese stuffed olives

TSchultz

Chimp
Sep 2, 2003
S. MN
Boy are they mmmm mmmm good. I had never had them before and just saw them at the local grocery. In fact I've got a couple in my martini right now. Anybody else love these things? Although I think they would be even better with the Ambalu Blue cheese I have in my fridge right now. If nobody has ever had this let me know a local place in Fairibault, MN is making it and it is winning all kinds of awards even in Switzerland.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
TSchultz said:
Boy are they mmmm mmmm good. I had never had them before and just saw them at the local grocery. In fact I've got a couple in my martini right now. Anybody else love these things? Although I think they would be even better with the Ambalu Blue cheese I have in my fridge right now. If nobody has ever had this let me know a local place in Fairibault, MN is making it and it is winning all kinds of awards even in Switzerland.

Yes, they are quite delish.

Try a greek olive in your martini sometime too... but watch out for the pit!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I love stinky cheese. :drool:

And I actually had some kalamata olives once that weren't terrible, but they'd apparently been washed or soaked in water to take most of the brine out. They were quite mild. And didn't taste much like olives. :p

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
narlus said:
OG, try some of this:

it's a lot creamier and milder, as blues go. :drool:
Thanks man, I'm pretty sure I've had it a couple times. It's ok but not something I would buy. I just don't like anything with that funky moldy action, for me it pervades/overpowers anything it touches. I can't eat a salad that has blue cheese in it, even if I pick out the cheese - it's tainted. It's just one of those things.