Quantcast

BMCC King of Lake #3 - To cancel or not to cancel

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Well I was trying to stay optimistic with the weather but we are getting hammered again with an increased chance into the weekend. The trails will probably be closed to the general public for the rest of the week and looks like they be soaked for Saturday's race.

Wanting to get some feedback...what if we reschedule for sometime in Oct/Nov? Please reply to thread or send me a PM.

Hate to move a date but don't want to tear up the trails or have low attendance either...

Thanks for the feedback!

trap121

Monkey
May 26, 2011
I say reschedule to a later date...only cause I have to work Sat. The last race was fun in the rain but only being able to do 1 run due to weather wasn't ideal

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I would love for it to be rescheduled for Oct/Nov. but that is for a selfish reason. My left knee is the size of a grapefruit due to the evilness of Beech Mountain's trails, but I was coming to the race anyway, because well, that is what I do. ;)

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Ok, the weather is showing 60% chance of rain for tomorrow & saturday. I won't be suprised if some of the trails are not under water by this weekend. I apologize for this but the race is hereby cancelled for this Saturday. We will work to reschedule sometime in Oct/Nov. Again I apologize and if you pre-registerd we will send refunds or more your enter to the Aug 24th race...whichever you would like.