Quantcast

BMW Mini Link FQ update

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Originally posted by eastcoastzigzag
how bout with a boxxer and 24's? opinions?

I run a 6" superT on mine but with a 26" up front, 24 in back of course. My mini is quite jacked up up front, makes for a huber high BB on a low frame, gets kinda querky when u need to get full legg extension and you're short like me but I really like that setup. Inspires huber confidence.

I would think a boxxer would run fairly similarly, although remember that this frame is quite short, so you gotta get used to it snapping at you at high speeds (think boxxer fork usually means fast speed setup??..), which i'm learning to control :D The more i ride this frame the more i dislike long bikes. But that prully means i'm just not riding fast enough... wussy...

Apr 1, 2002
NY
Originally posted by Shortbus
Well also keep in mind these are far far far from being production line frames. They fall more into the special order type of biznis... think ferrari :D
--------also if you have to ask u cant afford it ;) plus ive also been tol by a few BMW owners that it is the last frame you buy. i gave a TMX, i think, the extensive parking lot and curb test, even then it was a nice ride. it went nicely.

macmx

Monkey
Dec 28, 2003
Forget Ferrari. More like a Koenigsegg! :cool:

If you don't know what a Koenigsegg is, look it up.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by mobius
Beautiful bike but 3500 is to pricey for my poor college ass.
As it is for most people... But like he said, it's like owning a Ferrari. It's almost at the level of a one-off custom product, it's super high quality, and if you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it... :D

But they sure are nice to drool over... :drool:

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s

yeah, pretty much like WOW :eek:

Hey ECZZ, I used to have a whole website dedicated to my bikes, but we switch providers i'll see if I can re-upload the whole shebang and send you a link to it.

Apr 1, 2002
NY
Originally posted by Shortbus

yeah, pretty much like WOW :eek:

Hey ECZZ, I used to have a whole website dedicated to my bikes, but we switch providers i'll see if I can re-upload the whole shebang and send you a link to it.
-------cool shortbus, man i love how the doors open on that thing

macmx

Monkey
Dec 28, 2003
Yeah, I was in a haste to get the wheel on there and take the pic. I've turned the wheel now.

I did it by magic :eek: