Quantcast

Body for Life?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Anyone have any opinions on this book? Two guys at work were raving about it today. I looked on the Barnes and Noble site and the reader reviews were all very positive. Any input from biking point of view?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Yeah. I went out and bought it last night and read it. It is a little basic. The nutrition part was good. An awful lot of "cheerleading" ....which is why I was able to read it so quickly. "flip....flip...flip...flipflipflip..."

I guess it's good info, and for the hell of it, (once the doctor clears me to beat up on my elbow again),I may even give it a shot, or a variation thereof

I did that for a while, and I have to say that it really motivated me to go to the gym and watch what I eat, but I think you have to have A LOT of self discipline...I mean, look at those before/after pictures...but I think it's only a really good jump start. I heard someone make a good point: that it wasn't "body for life" it was "body for 12 weeks."

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Gives a beginner a good base of information but not enough to really get those results. Those people that looked absolutely fabulous in the after pics were most likely working with trainers or not following the workouts word for word... ALso I am very against training on an empty stomach. In body for life they recommend doing cardio in the am on an empty stomach.... BAD BAD IDEA.. you better hope someone in your gym knows CPR if your gonna be doing that alot. ..

Just my 2 cents

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Yeah....the empty stomach thing worries me too. I wouldn't do that. I went to the gym yesterday before dinner instead of after, and I didn't feel right at all. (I was just doin squats and abs and plyo). I would never do intervals on an empty stomach. I'd likely black out.

And I was showing my buddy that book. He thought some of those "after pics" looked like a few of those guys may have...bumped into a needle at some point. He's curious how they look like that and he doesn't, and he's been at it much longer than 12 weeks!

Originally posted by JOJO
Gives a beginner a good base of information but not enough to really get those results. Those people that looked absolutely fabulous in the after pics were most likely working with trainers or not following the workouts word for word... ALso I am very against training on an empty stomach. In body for life they recommend doing cardio in the am on an empty stomach.... BAD BAD IDEA.. you better hope someone in your gym knows CPR if your gonna be doing that alot. ..

Just my 2 cents