Quantcast

Borderland State park , Easton , MA

splat

Nam I am
the emails went around and it was settled Borderland 9 am Saturday. well I got up and ready to go, and stared on my Way , when it started Snowing !??!! It was raw and nasty out so I was wondering if this was a bad Idea. I got to the parking Lot and was still wondering if this was really a good idea. any way off we went . We started out as a group of 12 , Off we go!

We weren't out very long when we found this rock for the silver turtle to play on

Bo trying to climb up a steep rock

Donny trying to climb the same rock from a different angle. to give you an idea how steep it is.

Rich Higgins showing off on a Hardtail

Berkshire_rider showing the handling skill with the new rig.

THis rock was wicked slippery !( they all were ) Only the silver turtle made it . it looked like Bo was going to , but here rear wheel spun right after I clicked the photo.

Donny showing off what happeneds when the wheel slips

DR hucking

IF_rider

Quo_fan and Berkshire rider on a long skinny

Ben-O in asequence shot , not a great one , but Rich was asking me about them I tried to explain this should help show him

at this point our group split in half. half the group Head back for the parking lot , Our half continued on.

DR on a natural rock berm

We would lose 2 more rideres next . Voss Blew out his freewheel. It would no longer engage. so he and the silcver turtle started to make there way out.

Is the B in BoB's trail Up side down ?

It was tough to get pics from this point on. beingthere were only 4 of us , we stayed pretty much together and just kept going . but we did make a Stop at a HUT alongthe way that had a fire going

Fire -- Good

Berkshire rider coming out of the Hut with the fire going

Ya Think ?????

and I didn't get any more as we made our way back to the parking lot. 4+ Hours

Good ride :thumb:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
berkshire_rider said:
Borderland is a cool place to ride. Where did you live - Norton? Easton? :confused:
Kell and I had a apt. in Mansfield, right near the commuter rail station for about a year and a half and then we bought a townhouse in North Easton across the street from the Shaws Plaza/5-corners. Loved that area!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
berkshire_rider said:
:thumb: I believe you've also been penciled in for a 'Nam tour with Splat and us "regulars" for your upcoming Boston area visit, btw.
Cool! I'll keep you (& Splat) posted as the date gets closer...

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
mud'n'sweat said:
Hmmmm, my fiance grew up in Easton, how close is borderland to Easton? This would be a great way to motivate me to go up that way more often.
Borderland is in Easton...