Quantcast

BOS suspension service?

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Lulz....every goddamn year....

New (naive or desperate) suspension center: "We will fully support BOS products in the US and stock a full complement of parts. This is a solid partnership and will last for years to come!"

6 months later.....

Pissed off consumer: "Where can I get any service for my expensive, top-shelf product?"

BOS: "bleh bleh bleh bleh ***FRENCH NOISES*** "

And the circle of life is complete.

Edit: Rest assured, their parent company resources are going all-in to make sure that you, the customer, are fully satisfied. You know, with shit like this: http://www.bos-suspension.com/side-car-cross.html

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
"trente-sept millimètres!" (37mm! in English, 1.45669 inches! in freedom units) - Also BOS, a couple of years ago, ensuring that you absolutely cannot under any circumstances obtain replacement seals for your fork, anywhere, ever.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Lulz....every goddamn year....
New (naive or desperate) suspension center: "We will fully support BOS products in the US and stock a full complement of parts. This is a solid partnership and will last for years to come!"

6 months later.....

Pissed off consumer: "Where can I get any service for my expensive, top-shelf product?"

BOS: "bleh bleh bleh bleh ***FRENCH NOISES*** "
This was the exact same story in the UK as well.

OP: Just take it into any suspension centre worth their salt, there's no magic fairy dust BOS wants you to believe, and anyone can service them.

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that QBP acts as a service center for BOS products in the US, or at least they did at one point. If that's the case just take your suspension to any shop with a Q account and they can contact them to verify.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
There is definitely no magic fairy dust inside and every single one of their products I've actually pulled apart has been extremely well made, probably the nicest built 'widely' available stuff on the market. BOS won't tell your local suspension service guys anything about anything though because that's not how customer service works apparently, meaning that important stuff like torque values, oil volumes etc is not readily accessible.

QBP was a service centre at one point but I'm pretty sure that they are no longer, as per standard situation raised by @Kanye West .

Last edited:

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Their extreme lack of customer service is a shame, because I actually wouldn't mind running BOS suspension. I hear very good things about how they actually feel and perform.

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
Their extreme lack of customer service is a shame, because I actually wouldn't mind running BOS suspension. I hear very good things about how they actually feel and perform.
I had an Idylle Rare coil fork on my Sunday for a few seasons. It was one of, if not the best feeling forks I've ridden. I think I got 7 seasons of regular lift access riding out of it with only taking it apart for cleaning and changing the oil once before every season.

Problems come when you need parts for them. I managed to strip the threads in one of the top caps for the tiny air bleed screws and I was quoted something like $80 for a replacement top cap.