Quantcast

Boston?

Squirreldh

Chimp
Dec 21, 2006
I'll hit anything big with a good tranny at the bottom, I also like skinnys and jumps, I'm sure there are some good things out at 'nam though I've never ridden there. I haven't been to lynn woods since '97, so I'm excited to see whats been happenin around there. see everyone soon. Peace.

Squirreldh

Chimp
Dec 21, 2006
Yo monkeys, I just got done boxing up my bicycles this evening, I shall be hitting the road and heading your way about mid-week next week, I cannot wait to get back to my roots in MA and start tearing it up. I hope the snow is melted by the time I get there, I wanna go ride! see everyone soon!

Squirreldh

Chimp
Dec 21, 2006
Hey, I just road tripped up here this past weekend, one helluva trip. I stopped outside of Knoxville to ride at bigfoots, a small freeride area with dirt jumps, stunts, a 4x track and other cool stuff. I wanted to ride over at windrock but was unable to spend much time there. I started over at Bicycle Alley today, seems like a good shop and everyones northeast accent is making me laugh. First thing they had me do was build a Blur LT, it feels so good to be working on high end mountain bikes again. I think me and my homie chia are going to Lynn woods on sunday for a little easter freeride action. If anyone wants to join y'all are welcome to. Just hit me up.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Hey, I just road tripped up here this past weekend, one helluva trip. I stopped outside of Knoxville to ride at bigfoots, a small freeride area with dirt jumps, stunts, a 4x track and other cool stuff. I wanted to ride over at windrock but was unable to spend much time there. I started over at Bicycle Alley today, seems like a good shop and everyones northeast accent is making me laugh. First thing they had me do was build a Blur LT, it feels so good to be working on high end mountain bikes again. I think me and my homie chia are going to Lynn woods on sunday for a little easter freeride action. If anyone wants to join y'all are welcome to. Just hit me up.
just as an fyi, lynn woods isn't open to bikes until april 15th. you can ride on the lynnfield side north of the powerlines though.

Squirreldh

Chimp
Dec 21, 2006
thanks for the info, maybe we'll hit vietnam instead. I know everything around is really soft and moist, I dont want to be screwing up the trails.

Squirreldh

Chimp
Dec 21, 2006
Hey, I was out at Vietnam for my first time on sunday, I am impressed. There is a lot more than I expected out there. The trails were in good condition, some spots were a little wet though. I would like to know about coming out and helping with maintenance and construction, when do you guys usually go out there to do that. Thanks to all that have put in hard work already. Peace.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Hey, I was out at Vietnam for my first time on sunday, I am impressed. There is a lot more than I expected out there. The trails were in good condition, some spots were a little wet though. I would like to know about coming out and helping with maintenance and construction, when do you guys usually go out there to do that. Thanks to all that have put in hard work already. Peace.
We're out every Tuesday evening from ~5pm till dark. We park at the business lot next to the cell tower and hike up the tower trail. If you get to the top and can't find anybody try and listen for shovels hitting rocks or give a shout. If you'd like send me a pm and I'll give you my cell phone number, I usually have it with me up there.

ragerider

Chimp
May 7, 2004
Medford, MA.
Check out www.ragemtb.com and go to the forums for rides in the Boston area. We are a good size group so there is usually quite a few rides posted for all rider levels. We also organize trips to Kingdom Trails, Diablo, etc. and often meet up for beers and bbq at Redbones www.redbones.com on Thursday nights so you're all welcome to join us for rides and social stuff anytime. We have an upcoming camping trip to Otis down on the cape in May if anyone is interested.
Also check out www.nemba.org -- NEMBA members are responsible for the majority of trailbuilding and maintenance in New England.
Also -- I work in Woburn and get out of work at 5pm and I'm able to get to any of my favorite local riding spots (Fells, Lynn, Harold Parker State Forest, Lowell/Dracut State Forest, etc.) in about a half hour.

HaPpY TrAiLz!
~Frank