Quantcast

Boulder's Dirt

EVILTWIN

Monkey
Mar 9, 2005
the loins of god
Thought you all might like to know The Fix jumps have been running for afew days now...well, the small stuff and pump-track. Please stay off A and A-

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Aaaahh si... good to hear that things are returning to normal in them there parts. Well, except for the blizzard warning stuff...

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
Tis the best bike shop in all the land! 30th and Bluff ST in Boulder. Not only do they have a good shop that can take care of all your gravity needs, but they have a bike test area composed of multiple dirt jump lines from beginner lines to an expert line which has a large wooden roll in. There is also a pump track and a mountain cross rhythm line. Check out rhythmcycles.com

rky mtn srfr

Monkey
Nov 26, 2006
Boulder
Anyone know the scoop on Valmont Butte? There's a huge no tresspassing sign, and I saw a bunch of guys building and jumping right next to it yesterday.

As of today its a ride and get a huge ticket kind of place. From what I've heard warnings have been issued.

Being that this land is Boulder Open Space, then there is a chance of getting it designated as a riding spot much like the Gunberral jumps, but this would take a lot of time and I'm sure isn't an easy process, anyone know people on the inside?

rky mtn srfr

Monkey
Nov 26, 2006
Boulder
63rd and Twin Lakes is Gunbarrel Jumps/Eaton Park and a legit Bldr Open Space dirtpark. Supposedly the CU BMX team worked with the City to get it official. Bring a shovel, bring your bike, and have it it there.

Valmont Butte is kinda on the north east side of Stazio ball fields, just across the street from Resource2000. I don't know if the City would buy-in to having a jump park there, because of it being an historical ceremonial site to Indians, prairie dogs live there, and there's also radioactive contamination from an old mine there too. It's been a hotly debated site for a while, but I'm not sure on the current status of the place. Asking with City of Boulder Parks and Rec would be a starting point to getting it legit. I'm sure someone from BMA http://www.boa-mtb.org/ could help with contact info, but that's it since they're not interested in anything related to freeride/jumping/or DH.

I forget the guys name but a few years ago, someone got busted with felony charges for building jumps over by the creek near 55 St, on Open Space. He almost did jail time, cost him a few thousand, and had to do a bunch of community service. Supposedly, he had no clue of the ramifications or that it was even Open Space land. Fyi...