Quantcast

Boxxer RC very stiff in the last part of the travel

blackspire

Monkey
Jul 19, 2007
I got a new 2014 Boxxer RC and having some troubles with it. I'm 165 lbs with riding gear and running a medium spring. I have another older Boxxer R2C2 on my other bike and also have a medium spring on that one and it feels good.

Well first it feels quite bad out of the box in the initial part of the travel, not particularly supple even with minimum LSC, however this got better after I dropped the lowers and changed to Racing bros low friction seal and greased it up properly. The main problem I have though is that when I reach about 170 mm of travel it starts to bottom out hard. I mean it feels like it just stops basically. The Boxxer R2C2 is much better in this aspect (I have hit the same jump hundreds of time). I've used maybe 180 mm at most, on the same jump with the same speed I'd use about 18-19 cm with the Boxxer R2C2 with 3-4 clicks of HSC. However the feeling is completely different, with R2C2 you don't get the same abrupt stop.

Is there some kind of internal adjustment that can be made? What could be the cause of this? Hydraulic lock-out?

Last edited: