Quantcast

boxxer spring rates with charger

wysiwyg

Monkey
May 22, 2002
Sherwood Forest, UK
May have dropped a booboo. 200lb geared up ordered an as recommended xfirm spring. My spider sense is tingling and telling me to get a blue firm. Correct?

eater

Monkey
Nov 25, 2005
Switzerland
yes i ride the blue firm220lb , but sag is same as i have the red inn... but after 1/3 the blue is more progressive... the blue spring is incl. on the team fork!

Last edited:

BigBoi

Monkey
Oct 31, 2011
Long Island, NY
May have dropped a booboo. 200lb geared up ordered an as recommended xfirm spring. My spider sense is tingling and telling me to get a blue firm. Correct?
Good question. I'm 240 and ride the red medium spring. I switched from the xfirm spring because it was way too stiff.
I have a charger on the way and wonder if I should go up a spring now that the fork will have small bump sensitivity.

eater

Monkey
Nov 25, 2005
Switzerland
if it is to stiff, its easy to change spring on the team no more elastomer inn, like a old Boxxer RC!

Last edited:

Dirk77

Monkey
Feb 15, 2014
I just bought the 2015 team. Few rides so far. I'm 205 loaded, i put the blue spring in right out of the box. Roughly 18/20% sag. I can't seem to get settings dialed. It feels wobbly/wallowy in, tight fast berms. Rebound feels fast through chunk/rough. I've tried multiple rebound settings,maybe i just keep trying to run it to fast? Ive added about 7/8 clicks of rebound compression so far. Ive tried between 2 and 9 or so lsc clicks. Any suggestions?

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
maybe try the red ( medium? ) spring?
i am 185 loaded with gear with a yellow ( the softest i think ) and i love it.. im about 8 clicks compression in

correct me if im wrong but there are only 2 adjustments with the '15 boxxers ( except for the WC i think )... rebound and compression.

you could get down and dirty and SWAP SUM MOAR SHIMZ AROUND

Dirk77

Monkey
Feb 15, 2014
Hmm softer spring? Would that make wallowing worse? Ya i guess i should try it.. It's super easy to change springs. I did ride today and dialed up more lsc and felt ok, but still getting that wallowing feeling in the quick berms.

Yea the team only has lsc and lsr. After that,it's breaking into the shim stack.

Last edited:

Dirk77

Monkey
Feb 15, 2014
Hmmm, like a wobbling feeling when pushing through a berm at speed.. Like, the front wheel just won't hold the line I'm trying to hold.

Dirk77

Monkey
Feb 15, 2014
I just put the red spring in. It definitely feels softer and less progressive. I should be able to get a ride in on Friday.

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Probably because you ride east coast rox™ like a vag. :thumb:

I'm the same weight and have been running the red spring, but given your experience, I may try the yellow for poops and snickers. Pretty happy with the red (and the blue was definitely moar stiffer, but not unrideable IMO), but I honestly haven't put in too many runs on it. And for the record, I know I ride east coast geology like a vag.

Dirk77

Monkey
Feb 15, 2014
Riding around in the ally/street last night, it felt so soft. I could get about 6" of travel just hopping around. We'll see, I'm bringing the blue spring just in case.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Riding around in the ally/street last night, it felt so soft. I could get about 6" of travel just hopping around. We'll see, I'm bringing the blue spring just in case.
what was your compression set at? that seems incredibly soft.. and isnt blue the stiffest? red is medium i think

Dirk77

Monkey
Feb 15, 2014
Lsc compression was fully open when using about 6 inches. I could add 12 clicks and it still felt pretty soft though.

My sag with the blue seemed to be 17 to 20%

My Sag with the red is at 25+ %

But i also seem to have about 5 to 8mm of travel that is used just by setting the front wheel on the ground.,??

It is definitely feeling like it's gonna be way to soft.

Last edited:

Dirk77

Monkey
Feb 15, 2014
I got a few runs in on the same local spot i ride a lot. It was soft and plush for sure, i added between 9 and 14 clicks of compression. It felt pretty good but was riding lower in the travel for what i wanted. I used about an inch more travel overall on the red but i didn't hit anything big enough to bottom out still. This local spot is more smooth, jump lines and only a few rough rocky spots. I put the blue firm back in it, because i will be riding this spot until it snows. I can see putting the red in it for the local bike park,when it opens in June though. It should be nice for all the rough/chop over there. Glad i can use both i guess.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
yeah let us know..

im still confused why i am totally fine with a yellow spring at 185lbs. i feel like i would be bottoming all the time
Necro bump, are you still on the yellow?

I've left my fork on the red it came with as I fall into their 160-180lb window, but still have at least an inch+ left after DH days and it's definitely not as smooth through the chatter as I would like even with compression fully open.
My wife has the yellow and probably had 3 1/2" left after most days in Angel Fire last weekend.

I'm thinking I need to try the yellow and she needs to try the silver...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Great success on the yellow for me and silver for the wife, Trestle was mucho fun today.