Quantcast

Boxxer stanchions?

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
I took my forks apart tonight to repaint them and on the Mojo kit I am running the stanchion has been rubbing against the cartridge (see pic) now I have lined it up with the stanchion that holds the spring and it is out by about 1mm. Now I don’t want to go out and buy a new stanchion and my idea is to use the straight stanchion in the Mojo leg and the slightly bent one in the spring leg as its is not as important and will have less room to rub. Now I cannot see a problem doing this but I thought I would just double check as I cant afford to mess anything up?

Thanks
:monkey:

Attachments

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
How did it bend? If it was caused by the performance of the fork and there being only one cartidge; if you swap the stanchions you'll end up with two bent. I would try to figure out the cause before just swapping them.

Lumpy_Gravy

Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
At risk of sounding like a dumbass, that looks like the outside of the stanchion. The cart is on the inside, thus shouldnt the scratches be on the inside of the stanchion

:confused:

I wouldnt do anything but ring Mojo, see what they have to say.

Did they or you install it?

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
Originally posted by Pegboy
How did it bend? If it was caused by the performance of the fork and there being only one cartidge; if you swap the stanchions you'll end up with two bent. I would try to figure out the cause before just swapping them.
I think the bent is just down to every day use as it nothing to extreme but just enough to make a difference. I cannot see that it has anything to do with putting to Mojo cart in and at the end of the day they are boxers. ;)

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
Originally posted by Lumpy_Gravy
I wouldnt do anything but ring Mojo, see what they have to say.

Did they or you install it? I dont quite understand why the cartridge is rubbing, and if you dont either then it is upto Mojo to explain it
I did install it myself but it all went in fine and they are so easy to fit then I cannot see that was the problem.

I don’t think that this is anything to do with Mojo. Its just that the Mojo cart is a lot wider then the original boxxer one and I think this slight bent in the fort is causing it but as I said the stanchion is only out by 1mm if that so there isn’t much room to pay with.

But it might be worth sending them a e-mail to see what they say

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by Lumpy_Gravy
At risk of sounding like a dumbass, that looks like the outside of the stanchion. The cart is on the inside, thus shouldnt the scratches be on the inside of the stanchion

:confused:
I think that's a pic of the cart., not the stanchion. The inner of the stanchion made that streak on the outer of the cart.

I think.

MD

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
Originally posted by MikeD
I think that's a pic of the cart., not the stanchion. The inner of the stanchion made that streak on the outer of the cart.

I think.

MD
Yeah you are right the pic is of the cart that goes inside the stanchion but there are no marks on the inside of the stanchion but it is steal and that part of the cart is aluminium.

B

bighitfsr

Same marks on the mojo cart.
I'm pretty sure he just left it alone and didnt bother to try and fix the prob.
I'll ask him about it and post back.

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
That’s interesting that I am not the only one. I have sent a e-mail to Mojo but it is the world cup this week so I wont hear back from them for a bit. (But it’s still a go piece of kit.)

I am still going to try swapping the stanchions around to see if that makes any difference.