Quantcast

Brake Hoses

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
The stock ones work fine, I see no reason to go aftermarket unless you can't obtain the stock items.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Which year model are they?
I was just suggesting that you replace your damaged hoses with the stock items.

The most common alternative is probably the Goodridge braided hose kit which is actually cheaper, however two things - first I'm not sure they are a direct fit, there are threads here if you do a search which may show how to make it work (esp. if you have the inline FCS adjusters) , and the second being that in 06/07 Goodridge changed their hoses to have a smaller OD and ID, and in my experience (having owned both their older hoses and the newer ones) the new ones seem to result in slower lever response. For that reason I'd personally just replace with genuine Formula parts, but that said, I'm sure it's not a big deal for most people.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/SearchResults.aspx?Search=formula+hose

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Avoid Jagwire hoses. They gave my One brakes a super spongey feel that I couldn't bleed out. I sent them to Formula, and they told me that those lines suck and give lots of people problems with mushy lever feel. I was skeptical at first, thinking I was just being baited into spending more loot, but a quick Google search pulled up lots of people with the same issue. I had them swap the crap lines out for Formula ones, and all was good.

Last edited:

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Avoid Jagwire hoses. They gave my One brakes a super spongey feel that I couldn't bleed out. I sent them to Formula, and they told me that those lines suck and give lots of people problems with mushy lever feel. I was skeptical at first, thinking I was just being baited into spending more loot, but a quick Google search pulled up lots of people with the same issue. I had them swap the crap lines out for Formula ones, and all was good.
Good to know.