Quantcast

Brake Therapy Review

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
First, I have no digital camera to take a pic because my step-daughter broke it!:angry:

I just got a Bullit and love it. It rides great and is much better than the first Bullit I had a while back('00-or the first generation of Bullits). The 5th makes a huge difference.

I got a floating brake kit from Brian at Brake Therapy for my Hayes brakes. It installed very easily with no problems. At first it was a little sticky at the rod ends and creaked a little bit, but it wasn't too loud or obnoxious.

On the first ride, I noticed a difference immediately. It seemed to make the rear end more plush, even without the brake applied! I locked up the rear wheel less when coming to a quick stop (aka: holy sh!t, there's a tree in my way!) The wheel stays hooked up much better and I can charge into turns much faster because there's no brake jack. After a couple more rides, it's much quieter as the rod ends loosen up. There's no excess play in the rear end or the brake.

A big thumbs up to Brake Therapy for making a great product that's really easy to install and backing it up with excellent customer service!

I'll mooch a camera and post pics ASAP!

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I have been told if you have the 5th set up properly you will not experience the brake jack on the Bullit. Is there any truth to that?

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Kanter that is not true. to have the 5th setup to give the bullit no brake jack at all it would have to be turned off. it does get rid of some of it. but its still there.
its a single pivot

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by Kanter
I have been told if you have the 5th set up properly you will not experience the brake jack on the Bullit. Is there any truth to that?
no sir, and on a bullit it is more squat then jack btw.

A properly setup suspension has no effect on an inherent design characteristic such as braking influence. It will help reduce the squat by tuning it out at the shock level, but cannot remove it.

edit: beaten like a red headed stepchild.

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
Yeah, I used to have a Bullit with a floater. What a great bike. I miss that thing. It was so much fun to ride just about anywhere.

Brian definitely makes a sweet product.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Originally posted by bikeguy100k
I'll mooch a camera and post pics ASAP!

Please do!! I am this.close to ordering a floating brake for my Bullit.

Now, I just need to find a freaking #5 M4 caliper!! :mad: :(