Quantcast

Breckenridge Riding?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Last night there was discussion of trekking to Breckenridge for some riding this summer. What's it got to offer for squishy bike riding? Shuttles? Lifts?

Thanks

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
stinkyboy said:
Last night there was discussion of trekking to Breckenridge for some riding this summer. What's it got to offer for squishy bike riding? Shuttles? Lifts?

Thanks
Not really much of that. I do know they have a few scaled down "north shore" ladder style trails towards the bottom. But I wouldn't venture all the way to breckenridge for that when there's keystone(which is awesome) and winter park (which should be pretty good this year, I'm told) closer to denver. I wouldn't waste my time at b-ridge. Good XC riding there however.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
stinkyboy said:

Thanks
Breckinridge will bore you to death. They have lift access, but it is way easy (even their hardest run, you could take a full ridged bike down).

The Ladder sections are located on the 4 o'clock run. Just start from town and head up. You'll see them on your right.

XC type riding, there's lots.

For squishy bike, DH FR type stuff, go to vail or keystone. Don't waste your time in Breck.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Ascentrek said:
Breckinridge will bore you to death.
For squishy bike, DH FR type stuff, go to vail or keystone. Don't waste your time in Breck.
if it's just the resorts you're talking about ... I agree.
BUT ... some of the sickest trails I've ridden in the Summit/Eagle county area are (were?) in Breckenridge. WAY above my head when I rode them a few years ago ... ridiculously steep, huge doubles, big natural drops. Not at the resort mind you, but damn close, and shuttleable.

I hate to say it, but if you can't find a local to show you you'll never find them. Locals would deny the trail exists even if you met them in the middle of riding it. I heard rumors that the land was purchased and the owner, who intends on developing the hill, was cool with the DH crowd. He only wanted to block access to motos, quads, etc.

As SS said, the XC is endless and fantastic.

If you want a DH sure thing, focus on Vail and Keystone.