Quantcast

Brett Favre: Stay home

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
It seems really strange to me that the Packers don't want Brett Favre to play football this year.

They don't want him to attend training camp, they don't want to trade him, and they are probably not going to release him.

I guess they just like distractions.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
:rofl:

Finally green bay realized what the rest of the world has known for a while; that Favre is a classless idiot who only cares about himself. T.O. or Michael Vick don't hold a candle to the selfishness displayed here, and Im loving every minute of the Packers' implosion. Couldn't've happened to a nicer team.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Yawn...this is still news? He just doesnt want to finish his career after throwing that horrible interception to end the year last year.

Go away Brett...you are a distraction. On second thought, stick around. The more distractions for the Pack the better.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
i think it's pretty smart of the packers to get rid of him...they've pretty much already burned that bridge...and it's time to move on...and sure he might have a year like last year and they might get a championship, but what if he has a year like he did the year before last...and also he's getting old, he's more prone to injury, and if he gets hurt at the beginning of the season then they've really screwed themselves

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

Finally green bay realized what the rest of the world has known for a while; that Favre is a classless idiot who only cares about himself. T.O. or Michael Vick don't hold a candle to the selfishness displayed here, and Im loving every minute of the Packers' implosion. Couldn't've happened to a nicer team.
Yeah, Favre indecision about retiring is a pain in the A for everyone. But it is his decision to come back and play.

I'm not sure why its classless. It would have been great for the 49ers if Joe Montana retired instead going to the Chiefs, but they had the class to trade him.

What would be classless is if he demanded a trade before going back to the Packers or talking to the press extensively. He had one interview with CNN and that's it.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Yeah, Favre indecision about retiring is a pain in the A for everyone. But it is his decision to come back and play.

I'm not sure why its classless. It would have been great for the 49ers if Joe Montana retired instead going to the Chiefs, but they had the class to trade him.

What would be classless is if he demanded a trade before going back to the Packers or talking to the press extensively. He had one interview with CNN and that's it.
He has continually thrown members of his organization under the bus throughout this process. I can't begrudge the guy for wanting to play or changing his mind, but to go to the national media and call your GM a liar, and then say you won't accept a role as a backup even if the team takes you back, etc. is not being classy.
Plus there's the fact that he has, over the course of his career, thrown teammates under the bus like Javon Walker for things like contract holdouts, etc... and what he's been doing is infinitely worse. He's a hypocrite. Furthermore, he went on the record before he retired saying that the team did not force him to do so, only to retract that statement months later and say that they did. He was lying then or is lying now.
Teams move on when players retire. You cant just yank a team along like he is doing here and expect them to bend to your will. He's so vain he actually expects this. I hope he's traded to Miami.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
He has continually thrown members of his organization under the bus throughout this process. I can't begrudge the guy for wanting to play or changing his mind, but to go to the national media and call your GM a liar, and then say you won't accept a role as a backup even if the team takes you back, etc. is not being classy.
Plus there's the fact that he has, over the course of his career, thrown teammates under the bus like Javon Walker for things like contract holdouts, etc... and what he's been doing is infinitely worse. He's a hypocrite.
This is unprecedented. No Hall of Famer has returned from retirement. The closest comparison I can think of is Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan, but basketball you can always use another player.

The problem for me is that I am not reading every statement that BF and GBP are making. It sounds a congressional hearing.

I think if BF did it correctly, he would have made his decision by June 1 to return, then asked the Pack if he could return as the starter, and if not, then trade me to these teams. Then talk to the press.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii

I must be part of the world that likes Farve then, Why would you not let a qb that has been starting for what 16 years come back and play. Let him play the first qtr when they play Dallas. Then let Rodgers come in, so Farve can keep his consec game streek going and Rodgers can play some. If they dont let Farve come back i hope Arron Rodgers is bad.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
I must be part of the world that likes Farve then, Why would you not let a qb that has been starting for what 16 years come back and play. Let him play the first qtr when they play Dallas. Then let Rodgers come in, so Farve can keep his consec game streek going and Rodgers can play some. If they dont let Farve come back i hope Arron Rodgers is bad.
Because he f'ing retired.

That put him out, done, finished, kaput. The Packers moved on with their plan, Rodgers is the man now, and Favre needs to go back to his Wrangler jeans commercials.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
ESPN.com is reporting the Packers are considering a deal that would send Favre to either the Vikings or Bears. I want to see him go to Chicago just so we can see Burly's reaction.

:happydance:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
ESPN.com is reporting the Packers are considering a deal that would send Favre to either the Vikings or Bears. I want to see him go to Chicago just so we can see Burly's reaction.

:happydance:
It's funny I was just reading that.

Impossible actually in Chicago's situation. Bears have no cap space and Favre's salary is $12 million plus. Not to mention the fact that our coaches, players and fans all basically hate the guy.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
It's funny I was just reading that.

Impossible actually in Chicago's situation. Bears have no cap space and Favre's salary is $12 million plus. Not to mention the fact that our coaches, players and fans all basically hate the guy.
Yeah. I don't know **** about football, and I haven't been in packer nation for very long, but I know that would be a bad idea.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Yeah. I don't know **** about football, and I haven't been in packer nation for very long, but I know that would be a bad idea.
Hey, even though I agree with you, it'd probably be best if you didn't interject your comments while men are talking.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
why is Thomas Jones talking sht about Favre?

how many touchdowns did you have last year Tom? oh thats right 1

going from 4-12 last year to 9-7 this year isnt terribly bad.
he is the record holder of Int's, but hes still Bret Farverer

Last edited:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
why is Thomas Jones talking sht about Favre?

how many touchdowns did you have last year Tom? oh thats right 1

going from 4-12 last year to 9-7 this year isnt terribly bad.
he is the record holder of Int's, but hes still Bret Farverer
All the gold in this thread, and you bump this to re-start a conversation about Favre?.......

i wish i could kick you in the nutz...:monkey:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
All the gold in this thread, and you bump this to re-start a conversation about Favre?.......

i wish i could kick you in the nutz...:monkey:
i did and ill do it again:brow:
and i dont see gold in this thread. maybe bronze

does this help?

Last edited: