Quantcast

"Bride-zilla"?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Ya know, when the bride-to-be starts acting all crazy?

My wife-to-be is awesome, but her mom is driving her crazy. Have any of you dealt with mom-zilla or mom-in-law-2b-zilla?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
LordOpie said:

My wife-to-be is awesome, but her mom is driving her crazy. Have any of you dealt with mom-zilla or mom-in-law-2b-zilla?
Got married last year. I learned real quick that: A) It's not my show. It's their show and I am just a stagehand. Tell me when and where to show up and we're fine. B) Do NOT get in between her and her mom. They are going to get on each others nerves no matter what. You might as well stay safe and ride. At least you'll know what you're in trouble for when you get home. (Riding too much), and C) Women are nuts!!!

:D

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
LordOpie said:

All I have to say is, I'm sooo glad I'm a chick so I didn't have to marry one.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Ciaran said:
Got married last year. I learned real quick that: A) It's not my show. It's their show and I am just a stagehand. Tell me when and where to show up and we're fine. B) Do NOT get in between her and her mom. They are going to get on each others nerves no matter what. You might as well stay safe and ride. At least you'll know what you're in trouble for when you get home. (Riding too much), and C) Women are nuts!!!

Spot-freakin'-on!

That was pretty much what I learned when I got married (11 years ago).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ciaran said:

stagehand? try prop. :rofl:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Ciaran said:

Yo tambien. The worst was when they would solicit my opinion on fvcking patterns of this or varieties of that. I didn't give a crap about all that window-dressing and they finally stopped asking after about the 3rd time I pulled a coin out of my pocket and flipped it to break a critical tie...something which positively horrified them. There were only four things that I wanted to have any input on regarding my wedding/honeymoon:

1) Groomsman gifts(monogrammed 9OZ flasks)
2) A keg of Bass for the reception was non-negotiable
3) Wedding night accomodations(Tyler-Spite House bridal suite), and
4) Honeymoon accomodations(Disney-Polynesian bridal suite)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
LordOpie said:

Yeah, we just got thru that.
My mom/dad was driving us crazy. Her parent's didn't care about the wedding so it was a little flipped. It will be fine after the wedding!

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
MudGrrl said:
I am at least aware of the Bridezilla thing....

I think it tends to be more high maintenance women who end up being horrid.
I think this is very true. And beware of women who have these controlling mothers - they have a good chance of becoming one themselves.

I have it easy. If I were to turn into my mother, it would be an improvement. :love:

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
LordOpie said:

Why not just tell her to butt out? It's YOUR wedding, not hers. It would be scary if the wife-to-be sides with her mom and not you... that doesn't bode well for the future.

Bridezilla tales from the wedding etiquette hell web site

but what do I know? I had a hippy wedding with a bluegrass band and a keg at a state park campsite, cost us all of $500.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
This is not your show, you are involved and you get to pick your costume if you are lucky. Watch the veteran husband, i.e. your father in law, he knows what he is doing, follow his lead... "yes dear, okay, yes dear, will do, no problem, here's my credit card".

You are in a dark dark place right now, but worry not, mom is slightly less annoying after you are married.

I only had a couple things that were under my control and I would NOT bend on... Beer & Tux.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
LOL! I guess I am not "high maintenance" and neither mother fell into the controlling role (although if you knew me personally you would know that I am not easily controlled). Just try to keep your eye on the prize and everything will be fine!