I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
There's a lady I know
If I didn't know her
She'd be the la-tay I didn't know.

And my lady, she went downtown
She bought some ber-ra-ccoli
She Brought it Ho-ome...................
She's chop'in broccoli
Chop'in brocco-li
Chop'in brocco-la
Chop'in Brocco-laa-aa

SHE'S CHOP'IN BROCCO-LAY
CHOP'IN BROCCO-LAY
SHE'S CHOP-EAH-UN!

Chop'in brocco-loco -lay -eaa -eaa -eaa--eeee

She's chopin broccoli

she chopin she chopin she chopin she chopin she chopin

ch ch ch ch ch ch ta ta ta ta the bra-co-li-i

She's chopin Brrrrraaaaiiiii

She's chop she's chop broccoli

She's chopin Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-376329713606022079&q=chopping+broccoli&ei=rc02SJzfI4-GqgP03IDzAw

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i usually steam in, and squeeze some lemon on prior to serving. a dash of coarse sea salt too.

i've got a great roasted broccoli recipe from CI which is awesome.

Trim away the outer peel from the broccoli stalk, otherwise it will turn tough when cooked.

INGREDIENTS
1 large head broccoli (about 1 3/4 pounds)
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Ground black pepper
2 large shallots , halved and sliced thin lengthwise (about 1/2 cup)
1 teaspoon fennel seeds , roughly chopped
1 ounce Parmesan cheese , shaved (about 1/2 cup)

1. Adjust oven rack to lowest position, place large rimmed baking sheet on rack, and heat oven to 500 degrees. Cut broccoli at juncture of florets and stems; remove outer peel from stalk. Cut stalk into 2- to 3-inch lengths and each length into 1/2-inch-thick pieces. Cut crowns into 4 wedges if 3-4 inches in diameter or 6 wedges if 4-5 inches in diameter. Place broccoli in large bowl; drizzle with 3 tablespoons oil and toss well until evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt, sugar, and pepper to taste and toss to combine.
2. Working quickly, remove baking sheet from oven. Carefully transfer broccoli to baking sheet and spread into even layer, placing flat sides down. Return baking sheet to oven and roast until stalks are well browned and tender and florets are lightly browned, 9 to 11 minutes.
3. While broccoli roasts, heat remaining oil in 8-inch skillet over medium heat until just shimmering. Add shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and beginning to turn light golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Add fennel seeds and continue to cook until shallots are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Remove skillet from heat. Toss roasted broccoli with shallots, sprinkle with Parmesan, and serve immediately.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Broccoli kicks ass. I like it tossed in orrichiette with crumbled hot italian sausage, toasted pine nuts, and parm. It's also good roasted at high heat (same with cauliflower).

Edit: Duh, sorry Narlus...yeah, roasted, mmm.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
compare my roasted broccoli recipe w/ yr straight-up version, and tell me which tastes better.
I roasted broccoli for the first time the other day (it is the only way I will cook cauliflower anymore) and it was abso-****ing-lutley fabulous!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I'm with you.

Not literally, mind, just that I agree with you.

I'm not gay or anything, I don't want to be with you.

I like it raw.

Brocolli, that is.

Not.... you know...

Aaaaargggg......

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
i usually steam in, and squeeze some lemon on prior to serving. a dash of coarse sea salt too.
Hey, that's what I do, too, minus the salt. A [midwestern] friend remarked, "Holy ****, this tastes GOOD, not like broccoli!"

Gotta try that roasting--thanks for the tip. Will also salt my next steamed bowl.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Love it all ways.

It's also my favorite sandwich meat. Steamed or stirfried, toasted bread, super yum cheese on both sides of bread to keep everything in place.