Quantcast

Brought my real camera on this mornings ride

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
First time in a looong time that I have done that. Mostly because my xtracycle carries my gear so safely and securely I have no worries about it. I am seriously in love with this product. It really is valuable and fun.

Brought the longboard too, cause there was a hill I was wanting to cruise.

I love Olympia, and I love early morning bike rides.

More photos to follow.:biggrin:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
How did you take the first pick with the camera still strapped to the trailer? Amazing.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
How did you take the first pick with the camera still strapped to the trailer? Amazing.
Its difficult to explain.

some more photos of the ride

The salmon are spawning in the river that this trail goes to. They are thick in the water

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
Yo, I have an honest question:

Why would you get an xtracycle instead of a BOB? With a bob you can take it off and have a normal bike. It takes 2 seconds to do.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Yo, I have an honest question:

Why would you get an xtracycle instead of a BOB? With a bob you can take it off and have a normal bike. It takes 2 seconds to do.
depends on the amount of carrying you're doing. For an occasional trip, I'm sure that would be fine. For carrying around camera gear/getting groceries/using it to replace a car the xtracycle is the way to go. I'd rather not have something with my gear in it bouncing along behind me.
This is actually makes it part of the bike, so there's nothing to worry about with your gear. I can pedal down hills as fast as I can and not even know I'm towing anything. Plus, other than looking wierd, you can unload your stuff and ride around your bike with it on the back and it handles just like a normal bike(little more turning radius obviously) Plus with a bob you have to tie everything down? With the x, you just throw whatever in the sidebags and off you go. For larger loads you do have to tie down of course.

Plus it's a real conversation starter:biggrin: