Quantcast

BSOD for Vista SP1 is finally here

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
took only 3 hrs of nominal use (JVM embedded in IE7 & Adobe reader) & got it. Never had it ever, ever, ever before SP1.

anyone else?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
intrepid ibex sucked so hard i had to roll back to hardy heron

so suck it.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
intrepid ibex sucked so hard i had to roll back to hardy heron

so suck it.
Seriously? I've had almost zero issues, other than one or two hiccups with Wine apps. (which were solved with a quick re-install or repair of the app)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
You know what sucks? Computers.

They all have problems. Sooner or later. All of them.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
really? why?

i've been running vista 64bit for close to a year now w/ zero problems.
Yep. I've got two machines at home with Vista, two machines in my office with Vista, and I don't think I can count the number of Vista machines I've rolled out to customers.

They're all running very well - no issues. There were only two things I encountered that were consistent problems:

- people getting overzealous with their old hardware. It's a new OS. It has higher system requirements. Putting it on the 6 year old desktop with 256mb of RAM doesn't work well.

- businesses that use legacy apps or hardware that had compatibility problems or no drivers.

Everything else has been pretty good :thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I can't afford Vista. :(

I beta'd it way back when and loved it. Hopefully the kiddo will get it for me for fathers day. Untill then it's XP since I have another half dozen licenses sitting there.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
and now i've found that our internal "engineers" didn't unblock certain ports from SP1 install before the distro, and as a result i now have limited access to internal sites.

rock.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
so after doing a system restore as far back as possible - initial install of SP1 - this didn't fix my (presumed) blocked port problem. so, i did an undo of system restore, and guess what? BSOD!

now i can't undo a system restore?!