Quantcast

build session

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
build session this weekend (5/21 and 22). meet 9am my house in empire, co (i70 west from the metro area to exit 232- 2 miles to empire on us 40). bring a shovel or pick. or wood and power tools. or beer. or all three. i dont care just bring your ass if you want to build throw down stuff.

mark
720-635-7429

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
well maybe get a springs posse together in a few weeks and come up. well build and then go shuttle

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
COmtbiker12 said:
That'd be sweet. Maybe I can get someone and try and go up tomorrow, that'd be like a 10% chance of going. lol.
how about in two weeks. or three if your going to angel fire. we built today and its doubtful for tomorrow unless someone calls me. we worked on the landing to the 25 ft double before the road gap. those two hits may be done in two weeks. it would be sooner if we could get some more volunteers but the people just dont seem to want to. strange. oh well its still gonna happen it just may take a while.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
dream4est said:
how about in two weeks. or three if your going to angel fire. we built today and its doubtful for tomorrow unless someone calls me. we worked on the landing to the 25 ft double before the road gap. those two hits may be done in two weeks. it would be sooner if we could get some more volunteers but the people just dont seem to want to. strange. oh well its still gonna happen it just may take a while.
Three weeks might work, I think I'm for sure heading to angelfire...hopefully. :p

Its surprising that few people have gone up to help you create a legal place with things like that to ride...

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
COmtbiker12 said:
Three weeks might work, I think I'm for sure heading to angelfire...hopefully. :p

Its surprising that few people have gone up to help you create a legal place with things like that to ride...
well i think we need a new mentality here in colorado. one where mtbers who are influential in the scene just start to forget the past and strive to create. and people need to realize that its not right to build illegal trails. or whine when they get shut down.
you have to give to the sport to make it better. those who build at the front range dj parks deserve props but a lot of the time they just receive criticism. this criticism is almost always ego-driven. its sad because we have such sick terrain. im really sticking my neck out liability-wise in this venture but its been my dream for many years to have land like this and build a utopian freeride park. some may think what they want but in reality if they spent just a few hours with me at the property talking shop i firmly believe we could all build together and enjoy it for many years.
no one else here is willing to go to bat and risk it all to do this. i think that speaks volumes for my effort. regardless of what happens i will build these trails and my house there. and i will enjoy both with whoever decides to step up and help.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Has anybody besides yourself started building there yet? I'd definitely be all over it but my parents and school seem to be holding me up. Hopefully I can make it up there soon...

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
COmtbiker12 said:
Has anybody besides yourself started building there yet? I'd definitely be all over it but my parents and school seem to be holding me up. Hopefully I can make it up there soon...
i have had 5 guys come up so far. ranging from weekend warrior to norba pro dher. they see my vision and are down to help. but i have also been stood up by people who say they want to come and then dont show up or even call to cancel.
i am not going to mislead anyone this is hard work at 9000+ feet and it will be awhile before anything is rideable. i need volunteers to build singletrack, djs, stunts. i will reward those peeps with a free sick place to ride for many years. but i will not allow those who decide in the future they want to come ride after they see pix of finished runs, jumps, stunts, dj parks, north shore, etc.
at that point everyone else will be considered the general public and they will be welcome to sign up for a bed and breakfast/tour package through my business but they will not get the hookup like the build crew. build crew members will also have the opportunity to work as paid guides and shuttle drivers.
i am being really fair about this and i wont shut out builders in the future. i am looking for people dedicated to a continual effort.
i will build this park and run a tourism oriented business. if i have to do it myself so be it. i would rather hang out with a build crew, ride, drink pbr and have a good time.
so from now until next may local riders have a great opportunity to build their own future here. after that they will have to buy their own property and start shoveling. if it was easy there would be private parks all over the front range. but it takes serious commitment to pull it off 40 minutes from the metro area.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
dream4est said:
i have had 5 guys come up so far. ranging from weekend warrior to norba pro dher. they see my vision and are down to help. but i have also been stood up by people who say they want to come and then dont show up or even call to cancel.
i am not going to mislead anyone this is hard work at 9000+ feet and it will be awhile before anything is rideable. i need volunteers to build singletrack, djs, stunts. i will reward those peeps with a free sick place to ride for many years. but i will not allow those who decide in the future they want to come ride after they see pix of finished runs, jumps, stunts, dj parks, north shore, etc.
at that point everyone else will be considered the general public and they will be welcome to sign up for a bed and breakfast/tour package through my business but they will not get the hookup like the build crew. build crew members will also have the opportunity to work as paid guides and shuttle drivers.
i am being really fair about this and i wont shut out builders in the future. i am looking for people dedicated to a continual effort.
i will build this park and run a tourism oriented business. if i have to do it myself so be it. i would rather hang out with a build crew, ride, drink pbr and have a good time.
so from now until next may local riders have a great opportunity to build their own future here. after that they will have to buy their own property and start shoveling. if it was easy there would be private parks all over the front range. but it takes serious commitment to pull it off 40 minutes from the metro area.
Since you say nothing will be rideable for a while that should increase my chances of being able to come up since my parents are worried about the whole 'unsupervised riding' as far as stunts and stuff like that go... well, when its over an hour's drive from C-springs. :p

Oct 3, 2003
Denver, CO
hey Mark,
Ill be up to dig either on wed. or thurs. one of those days for sure. ill give ya a call before hand anyways. but yeah, wed. or thurs. morning ill be throwing dirt.

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
Once I get out to Co. I will be up for helping. It probably will not be until the end of June. I need to get settled in and just get aqauinted to my new surroundings. I leave this Friday to move out from MI. to Keystone.

I know just what you mean about people complaining about everything getting closed, but doing nothing about it. It is a on going struggle in MI.

It is sweet you have something going that is worth the effort that it is going to need to get done.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
Misfitslacker said:
hey Mark,
Ill be up to dig either on wed. or thurs. one of those days for sure. ill give ya a call before hand anyways. but yeah, wed. or thurs. morning ill be throwing dirt.
sweet. i am down for those mornings. call me.
mark
720-635-7429

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
DHCorky said:
Once I get out to Co. I will be up for helping. It probably will not be until the end of June. I need to get settled in and just get aqauinted to my new surroundings. I leave this Friday to move out from MI. to Keystone.

I know just what you mean about people complaining about everything getting closed, but doing nothing about it. It is a on going struggle in MI.

It is sweet you have something going that is worth the effort that it is going to need to get done.
im only 35 minutes east of the stone so ring me up when your ready.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
btw i am heading to the property today (5/23) at 4-5pm to show it and build. and all day tuesday if anyones down.

fondigley

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
Boulder, CO
Mark,

You building this weekend. It looks like I will be in town. We should do a shortish ride and I would be able to build for a bit after. Or just build and take part in other leisure activities, if you are around.

I'll give you a call.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
fondigley said:
Mark,

You building this weekend. It looks like I will be in town. We should do a shortish ride and I would be able to build for a bit after. Or just build and take part in other leisure activities, if you are around.

I'll give you a call.
i am building tomorrow and sunday. come on up.