Quantcast

building bigger cassette than 11-36

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
Hi!

My enduro/am build is 50% finished. I saw news about General Lee product.

I run 9spd and Saint shift/der system and I thought I could make customized cassette like 11-39t.

I see that ActionTec sell some nice titanium individual cog. What is the solution to build one bigger cog together with a standard cassette (atm I have Sram PG980 11-32). I thought I could remove one lesser cog and add nice biggest cog like FMR conversion kit on the rear hub. Then I want have the solution without worrying for the stress that is put on freehub by individual cog. (my hadley freehub happens to be of steel)

What do you think? I hate to spend money build new system like XX1 and prefer to get cheaper solution. Im also tempted to build a cheap 12x150mm rear hub with support for 9t. (something like Shimano Creo (?)

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
They sell the complete cassettes(cogsets) too but they retail for 300-400. I've never heard any feedback on them in comparison to well designed conventional Shimano and SRAM and they've been around forever:

http://www.actiontec.us/ticog.htm

I guess its not too crazy anymore considering that the SRAM steel model with similar range cost the same but its made from a single block of steel...

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
I forgot to say that im looking for affordable solution. I think Shimano will give answer for 10-42 cassette from Sram. Im just waiting and look for simple cheap solution instead. General Lee adapter costs 130 euros or something, that is just ok for me! The problem it is alloy but I hope that big cogs dont wear much fast as smaller.

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
I have seen those shimano capreo, with 9t or 10 t mostly on folding bikes,

is the capreo cassette carrier can be switch to other brand of hubs, (hope) or only shimano hubs?

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
ritche, check next last post plus diagram. I'd love to get that if anybody wants machine some parts to fit a standard 150/12 hub :p

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/f19/9t-micro-drive-hub-canfield-brothers-245393/index6/

Psycro, thanks. I have sent email to ActionTec to get photo of the big cog since I want to see how it does attach to the cassette. Funny when I ordered from mtbtools a pair weeks ago, I didnt saw that when I checked his products.

Last edited: