Quantcast

building next weekend

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
alex call me if your coming up. the weather may be bad next weekend so we will see what develops.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
Jump Jumper said:
where do you live?
i live in empire. my property is about a mile away (near exit 234 off i-70). and we finally got high speed internet here so im back online!!!! empire is a small town but i love it. continental divide views right from my couch and shuttleable xc/4x4 trails blocks away. i miss the hot ladies of boulder (and gunbarrel djs of course) but by september i should have my property going off.

hev

Chimp
May 18, 2004
somewhere near the apex
nice man, keep thinking about your place as we drive by it on the way to make turns. the best skiing all year was this weekend, who woulda thought.

no luck on that cable, but your welcome to look for yuorself. if you left it it's probably still around.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
hev said:
nice man, keep thinking about your place as we drive by it on the way to make turns. the best skiing all year was this weekend, who woulda thought.

no luck on that cable, but your welcome to look for yuorself. if you left it it's probably still around.
hey man. im working on a huge set. when its done you need to bring the yeti and well hit it. it wont be fully ready by sunday unless i get some peeps to help. but it will be done soon.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
an update on the building. ill be at the property all day thursday. anyone who is down call me. oh and i should have some pix up by then. i have at least 3 guys coming up sat and sun so it should be a good time to build. the weather has cleared so i will be up there every morning building starting tomorrow. bring beer and food and tools. and i will be very open to allowing peeps to build their own stunts.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
i am building all day monday (5/16) and tuesday. also thursday and fri morning. saturday 9-3. im going to reiterate that im looking for peeps to be part of my build crew. its a legal, free place to build/ride and i plan to eventually live there and own it long-term. this 'call to arms' is not an opened ended deal. once i get a reliable crew and we have a trail and session park done the window closes. the property is perfect for freeride trails. im down to let anyone be in the crew regardless of skill level. so far i have had some interest but no one wants to bust out shovels and tear it up (except me). i have had like 15 hours total donated build time by 4 guys. thats sad. ironically this was the same reason i stopped building at gunbarrel. no help. if you dont want to ride the rinky-dink jumps/stunts at keystone this summer come build with me. here is a list of the current stunts im working on:
1. 3 ledge drops small to medium.
2. 17 foot drop off ramp over large rock.
3. the trail then splits in two directions. a- a 35 or 55 foot road gap hit off ramps to large berm to step up out of a mineshaft to large rhythms. b- gap to elevated step up skinny to long skinny with a final hip drop to 20-25 foot double (that transfers to line a large rhyhms or if you hip it goes at the 35 foot road gap that i have posted pix of under construction)

thats just the tip of the iceberg. full dj park with length, 3/4 mile long trails with over 500ft elevation loss, session park and literally dozens of natty features (the step up out of a mineshaft entrance to the large rhythms will be a mindblower when you see it).
right now im putting in 20 hours a week but i need your help. more pix to come this week so stay tuned.
pix at: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=97359

DHDUDE

Chimp
Mar 31, 2005
Mark,
Sorry I didn't make it last weekend. I ended up in Moab and I broke my finger, so I've got a couple weeks 'til I'll be able to ride (or really push a shovel for that matter). Sounds like good stuff you've got going, I'll try to make it down there and do what I can sometime this week.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
DHDUDE said:
Mark,
Sorry I didn't make it last weekend. I ended up in Moab and I broke my finger, so I've got a couple weeks 'til I'll be able to ride (or really push a shovel for that matter). Sounds like good stuff you've got going, I'll try to make it down there and do what I can sometime this week.
well call me. im down to build whenever. this trail needs a lot of work before any riding takes place.