Quantcast

BustedSpoke.com

RideRMB

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
'Da Hood
:disgust: Anybody have an account on BS? Ive tried 3 times to register and nobody has activated either of them. Also I have'nt gotten any feedback from the Admins, any body have bad luck? What can I do? Thanks.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
pretty sure some of the mods read RM as well, one of them will hopefully help you out.

my name on BS is matt, let me know if i can help you out at all.

matt

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
There's only 3 admin's over there that can activate accounts, so they might be a bit swamped. I'll forward this over to them for ya, what account are you looking to activate?

offsprung

Monkey
Aug 5, 2007
Rochester
:disgust: Anybody have an account on BS? Ive tried 3 times to register and nobody has activated either of them. Also I have'nt gotten any feedback from the Admins, any body have bad luck? What can I do? Thanks.
i have the exact same problem and have been waiting since march!

auntesther

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Boston, MA
I am one of the admins too. Just to give you an explanation on whats going on, we were getting killed with spambots on the site so we shut down the automatic registration/activation. So for months we did try and sift through the 100's of new accounts we still got, but things definately slipped through the cracks.
Joe did come up with a new procedute that seems to be working out well.
I also would like to apologize for the problems you have been having. feel free to email me at matt@bustedspoke.com if anything comes up in the future. ( guessing Joe has gotten you sorted out with getting your account activated)

auntesther

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Boston, MA
I tried to register there several months ago as well. After repeatedly writing to them they finally got back to me basically saying "what?". My previous emails explained my problem (put simply, I didn't get a confirmation) so I gave up right there.

They are mostly teenage dirt jumpers anyway.
I am just curious which one of us admins over there responded with "what"?

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
I tried to register there several months ago as well. After repeatedly writing to them they finally got back to me basically saying "what?". My previous emails explained my problem (put simply, I didn't get a confirmation) so I gave up right there.

You could go to Kid On Bike...we're all grownups who act like really young teens with lots of potty humor and sweet bikes:spam: We're evrything Bustedspoke isn't...not because we try, but because they think we're high....

Seriously, BS has enough smart folk reading posts to offer out some great info and lots of good riding pals...yeah, there is a lot of teeny BS there (No pun intended) but you can just skim over it.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

I'm sorry you get that impression, because that couldn't be further from the truth.

Who was your admin correspondent from the site? Feel free to PM me.

TimeBomb

Chimp
Apr 22, 2002
Brockton, MA, U.S.A.
I really don't get here too much, so it'd be better to contact me through BustedSpoke & I'd be happy to help anyone out to the best of my ability. Like AE & Joe... I too would like to know who woodsguy received the message saying, "what?" from. doesn't sound like any off us.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Waste your time? We're the ones that sort through emails to activate people, and sadly, yes, sometimes some slip through (the activation procedure has since changed to avoid this occurance)

Your story seems to be missing a lot of key points that were asked about in this thread. You can continue to bash the site like a child, or you can send one of the mods (who have all posted in this thread) a PM telling them specifically what happened. If you think we intentionally ignored you/mistreated you.......I feel bad for you.

auntesther

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Boston, MA
Apparently, I wasn't the only one with this problem as at least one person, of the what I am sure of is many, decided that the only way to get it resolved was to post here. No doubt his emails went ignored as well.

But like I said, unless you are in teenage dirt jumper who just likes to post pictures of all his bikes his parents bought him, I wouldn't bother joining that site.
Instead of making assumptions, why not ask the only person who started a thread here if his issue had been resolved.

To make things clear for you, neither myself, Joe or Timebomb would have gone through the effort of posting a response if we were not trying to help.

You seem pretty pissed off for a guy who had some difficulty registering for a site you now advise people against doing. Is there some other issue you have with us? If so, shoot me an email or PM and I will certainly do my best to explain or resolve it. I apologize for the difficulty you had registering. If you would like to try again, email me your user name at matt@bustedspoke.com and I will take care of getting your account activated.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion about the site, but before you decide who we are, maybe you should actually know some of us before you go attaching a label. I am neither a teenager, a dirtjumper or have any bikes my parents bought for me. I also dont really care what age people are, who kind of riding they do or who purchased their bike for them. If they are good people, they are good people. The other stuff is irrelevant.

SlapheadMofo

Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Westminster MA
More like this about a guy who is always quick to put down people he knows nothing about. Staying true to form in this thread I see. Congrats on not having many bikes, that's quite relevant.

auntesther

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Boston, MA
I think it is great that the teenage dirt jumpers have a site. I just can't realate to them. Good or not, they are in a different world.
Again you are making assumptions. I personally know a great many people on the site...who are active posters. I have rode with a great number of those people, socialized with them, done some trail work with them. I can say with 100% certainty the forum is not mainly teenage dirt jumpers. Even if that was the case, what does it matter? Because they ride a different bike than you, ride different trails or they have a different haircut or wears girls pants? Pretty judgemental to presume they are in a "different world" based on outward appearences. Its may very well be a case where they feel like they have a community where they feel accpeted enough to share things about themselves, including pics of their new bikes, parts etc. I am proud to be involved with something that makes the future of the sport feel welcome.

Gleeke

Chimp
Jan 14, 2005
Rhode Island, USA
Well as a 37 year old homeowner, I take offense to woodman's post that "we're a bunch of teenage dirtjumpers."
True, I can jump dirt. Also true, the jumps tend to kick my ass.
I've beena member there for about four or five years now and have made some great lifelong friends. The "what" response you got doesnt' sound like the three guys who've posted here at all! You may have sent it to a mod or admin who doesn't have the ability to activate or the wherewithall to send the info along to the proper people.

Please don't generalize a group of people..it's called PREJUDICE

prej·u·dice /ˈprɛdʒədɪs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[prej-uh-dis] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -diced, -dic·ing.
–noun 1. an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.
2. any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable.
3. unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, esp. of a hostile nature, regarding a racial, religious, or national group.

ride far, ride fast and have fun...cause that's why we all come to these places. :popcorn: now i'm gonna go have a snack, a drink and watch the Pats.

Don

Oh and go have a beer w Timebomb, Auntesther or Dhrfxjoe...you're opinion will change...trust me. 3 great guys.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
That was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said about me/us.:o:

It's true though, we aren't bad guys by any stretch of the imagination. I think woodsguy was so stuck in his narrow minded sense of judgment that nothing we say or do will matter......but at least we can say we tried.

Natedogg

Monkey
Jun 10, 2003
Mazzzzchappi
The few times I've dealt with Auntesther, he's been a real prick. I mean just a real jerk. In fact, they all seem to be. Don't bother signing up. :rolleyes:

TimeBomb

Chimp
Apr 22, 2002
Brockton, MA, U.S.A.
...It wasn't until I looked through the threads I realized the site wasn't for me which is another reason I gave up.
Good enough for me. Looks like this thread is resolved and there is no need for any of us to waste anymore time on the subject. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, and at the same time I'm happy it didn't get made into a big(ger) mess. If you ever change your mind just hit one of us up with an e-mail and we'll be sure to take care of you.

~ Cheers, T.B.

Natedogg

Monkey
Jun 10, 2003
Mazzzzchappi
Unfortunatly, we have experienced a hard drive failure over the weekend. The company that
we outsource our server with is in the process of restoring the database. While the database
is being restored, the forum will not accessible. We are very sorry for the down time and
are are looking into what steps need to be taken to avoid this issue again in the future.

We should be back up shortly.
That SUCKS.

Edit: nice, it's back.

Last edited:

MogulMan

Chimp
Jun 5, 2008
BustedSpoke is back up finally. I am now looking at moving the server that the site runs on to a more "customer friendly" hosting company. I am also going to get a second server and load balance the site across the two so that if one of the servers ever goes down, the site won't go down.