Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Look at it this way:
1) there are two bearings in there.
2) there is a spacer that supposedly butts against both bearings to space them properly
3) there is a lip in the frame that you cannot see that contradicts previous spacer.
4) if two bearings and spacer were all there was the assembly could be pressed in from either side
5) the diagram, if one assumes is accurate displays situation 4

I thought you had a technical background?
i look at enough other technical specs in a given day that i come here to get away from that. also, see my prior statement in post 156

rokcore

Chimp
Feb 17, 2021
That's what I was thinking. Either eliminate the web and use a spacer, or eliminate the spacer and use the web for locating. I can't see why both are necessary, seems odd.
What's more confusing is why not just do it the way the diagram indicates in the first place. Seems like it would save time having it all go in one side?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Oh my god, take some personal responsibility man. You done fucked up. Is this how you act in your relationships and general life?

Also, there are 100 YouTube videos on this sort of thing.

Also, IMO YT make some pretty great products. The overall design is well thought through, well executed, has high attention to detail and looks great. They make really nice bikes.

Your CS experience anywhere is at least 50% your issue. Lots of people love them.

Basically ragging on a company because you’re a fuckwit isn’t a good look. Pull your head in.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
What's funny with all this is I went through the same exact thing months ago when tearing down my frame. The main difference being I let common sense set in a lot quicker and realized it wasn't put together the way I thought it was based on the diagram. but at the time, I was just as confused and frustrated as to why they did it the way they did. I just didn't destroy tools or start a thread about it. But I get it.

rokcore

Chimp
Feb 17, 2021
Oh my god, take some personal responsibility man. You done fucked up. Is this how you act in your relationships and general life?

Also, there are 100 YouTube videos on this sort of thing.

Also, IMO YT make some pretty great products. The overall design is well thought through, well executed, has high attention to detail and looks great. They make really nice bikes.

Your CS experience anywhere is at least 50% your issue. Lots of people love them.

Basically ragging on a company because you’re a fuckwit isn’t a good look. Pull your head in.
High attention to detail - accurate drawing. Pick one. I take plenty of responsibility for my choices and why I'm critical of something that should be as simple as clicking a button in the CAD program

rokcore

Chimp
Feb 17, 2021
maybe i'm missing something. the bearing on the other side still came out of the other side right?
Nope, both of those bearings pressed out the same side shown in the lower front triangle picture. Nothing between them and back to back as shown in the drawing

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Says the guy providing nothing insightful to the conversation
He is far and above not the person contributing the least to this thread. I, for one, am insulted to not even get a mention.

I know how to fix your bike problem:

Rid Egg
I thanks the @FSM we have the triumvirate of thread mentions: root beer, trying it nao, and GG. The Unholy Trinity, if you will. :D

yes, that is correct and correctly shown on the drawing in this case
so my point is still, in every situation in your life, the bearings pressed out of the same side of the object when located on that half of the object. but in this instance (that you have never seen or heard of before) you thought they pressed all the way thru to the other side?
stop blaming your mistake on a diagram because it gives you a finger to wave at. you fucked up, that's that..

rokcore

Chimp
Feb 17, 2021
He is far and above not the person contributing the least to this thread. I, for one, am insulted to not even get a mention.
Will you take an honorary mention?

I know how to fix your bike problem:

Rid Egg

Megatrail is on my short list, Guerilla Gravity is a local business for me, customer service has been great so far helpful/responsive and my rear shock can be transferred over after returning length/stroke change

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
You Tried
Right? I would think that a reasonable person would assume they would at least get a passing acknowledgement of how insignificant their contributions were, given how little insight and value I also provided. I'm amazed that this has to even be stated.

Will you take an honorary mention?
I mean... if it's on the table as a possibility.

I bet there is a wok in the those pics if you zoom out, just saying.
And probably a hoodie.

rokcore

Chimp
Feb 17, 2021
so my point is still, in every situation in your life, the bearings pressed out of the same side of the object when located on that half of the object. but in this instance (that you have never seen or heard of before) you thought they pressed all the way thru to the other side?
stop blaming your mistake on a diagram because it gives you a finger to wave at. you fucked up, that's that..
I fucked up by trusting the diagrams but that does not remove responsibility from the company for passing these as technical diagrams