Quantcast

Buying a NEW safe Kryptonite

kingLatency

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Northampton, MA
I know that Kryptonite will exchange locks that can be opened with Bics, but I'm on the market for a new lock. I've looked around online a bit, and plenty of places carry Kryptonite U locks, but not the new, slot-key ones. Does anyone know of an online dealer that has new, safe locks? I want a plain-ol, regular size U-lock.

Thanks.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I heard the new ones can be easily opened with a well manueverd chicken sandwich technique.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
actually the new ones can be opened with a tampon wrapper and two fingernail clippings.

recidivist

Monkey
Aug 29, 2002
Soquel, Cali
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the vast majority of the next 4 super-cargo-ships full of Kryptonite locks coming from Taiwan are going straight in the mail as part of this exchange scheme.

I thought the new locks were (pre-chicken-sandwich) not going to ship till after Interbike / next model year anyway.

I got an OnGuard chain and it's nice, even if it weighs more than a chicken sandwich.

kingLatency

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Northampton, MA
recidivist said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the vast majority of the next 4 super-cargo-ships full of Kryptonite locks coming from Taiwan are going straight in the mail as part of this exchange scheme.

I thought the new locks were (pre-chicken-sandwich) not going to ship till after Interbike / next model year anyway.

I got an OnGuard chain and it's nice, even if it weighs more than a chicken sandwich.
Any ideas on if OnGuard U-locks are any good?

Oh, and what about u-locks whose round keyhole is as larger diameter than a pen's? Can I get one of those?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
kingLatency said:
Any ideas on if OnGuard U-locks are any good?

Oh, and what about u-locks whose round keyhole is as larger diameter than a pen's? Can I get one of those?
then someone will open it with a highlighter or the roll in the middle of toilet paper, etc.

Shmoe

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Calgary, Canada eh?
Who trusts their bike to a lock? Wait until someone steals your fork or wheel, Somthing I see happen way to much at work. Once some criminal even took off a whole rear swingarm to get the bike. Lock was left still in tact on a bikerack.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
get one that has a flat key. circular keys are so 2003