Quantcast

Byb-telemetry

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
Hi

Does anyone here uses the byb for suspension tunning?
Im testing it for two werks now. And have some questions...
Thanks

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Do you find it wanting to have less sag, more hsc and less hsr,lsr,lsc?
Its strange.
Haven’t used one- but the price look’s right.
I was saying i am considering picking up a byb system, so i can quantify things I like, especially on some of my bikes which i setup with less sag, more progressive spring rates and hard hsc.

I’m not sure i would take algorithmically derived recommendations seriously unless you have a bigger sample pool?

My vision is that I could collect lots of sample data, pretty quickly, by logging stuff for local kids.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
looks like someone from the company is actively monitoring a thread over on Vital on DAQ

You should ask that fella!

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Its strange.
I used it for some time, 4 or 5 rides with multiple sessions/runs. At which end does the byb want you to do the noted things? The recommendations always had balance between front and rear as the first and main goal which was my main reason to run it after all. Faster rebound in the rear was the solution for me and my Storia.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Its strange.
Pinkbike had an article on using it a while back. From what I recall, he ended up with a kind of strange setup also: rebound & LSC basically wide open, HSC fully closed.

I've used the Motion Instruments system, and while it doesn't make specific recommendations, I did end up with a lot more conventional setup. Balanced dynamic sag front/rear (about 30-32% dynamic sag), and faster rebound than the suspension companies suggest.