Quantcast

C-dale Demo Truck on East Coast

Hey guys, if you possibly remember i posted a while ago about some questions about getting a demo truck job with a company, well it actually happened, and right now i am sitting in the Best western in Bedford, PA doing a little training at teh cannondale factory. welli just wanted to let all of you east coasters know that if you happen to see a chevy duallly towing a cannondale trailer feel free to wave, honk, give me the ole #1 with a smile, or feel free to come up and talk to me if i have gotten the damn thing jammed somewhere. i am on teh road from here until i quit the job whenever that may be so would be great to talk to some fellow monkeys. anyway thanks to those that gave me help/info, and hopefully talk to you sometime aroudn the east coast.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Congrats, man,...

yeah, a schedule would be cool.

That factory is pretty cool. Did the shop tour a few months ago and would love to go back.

We'll give you a quick "you're number one" wave. ;)

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Zman said:
i am on teh road from here until i quit the job whenever that may be so would be great to talk to some fellow monkeys. anyway thanks to those that gave me help/info, and hopefully talk to you sometime aroudn the east coast.
Bring that bad boy to Diablo this weekend... bunch of people from all up and down the coast are heading there. Including one former east coaster now living the life in SoCal...

By the way looking at being in the north carolina area shortly here, around thanksgiving. which is great cause i havea good freind that lives there. so have you shops check witht the local reps...can;t say what shops yet cause i don;t have the schedule on me but thought i would let you guys know

the finger, or the bird, the ole F You all that fun stuff. all good if i see a smile on your face and not waving it at me like you are gonna kill me or something like that, cause then i run into you with my big ass truck and trailer. and you will feel it

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ahh, thanks for the explanation :D . never heard it called that before, and i only spent a summer actually driving around boston! the T was all i had for the other 3.5 years... back to the original topic, congrats on getting the job and good luck handling being on the road nonstop.

no, not jack, he had a slight issue showing up to work when he was on the west coast. so i am the new east coast guy and the last east coast guy went back west. to take over jack's spot. but i will be down in florida in decemeber so i assume i will be working my way back though GA sometime in jan or so. but still up for a ride :) by the way my name is patrik

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Zman said:
no, not jack, he had a slight issue showing up to work when he was on the west coast. so i am the new east coast guy and the last east coast guy went back west. to take over jack's spot. but i will be down in florida in decemeber so i assume i will be working my way back though GA sometime in jan or so. but still up for a ride :) by the way my name is patrik

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's not good!!! poor jack, well i guess not poor jack, that dude parties like no one else i know. good guy though. but yeah my name is jamie, i used to work at a c'dale dealer but am no longer at that shop so the demo's won't be coming my way.

<~ known jack for many years and didn't know he was working for c'dale again till the demo station came to atlanta again last time it rolled through a couple of months ago

yeah i pretty much heard the same thing, and unfortunately he wouldn;t even call to say he would be later or anything...oh well. well keep an eye out cauuse as far as i know we will still be coming through there for demos so you can still stop by if we are at a park doing one...or if you are at the shop when i come by to do a clinic or demo we can get you on a bike as well

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Zman said:
yeah i pretty much heard the same thing, and unfortunately he wouldn;t even call to say he would be later or anything...oh well. well keep an eye out cauuse as far as i know we will still be coming through there for demos so you can still stop by if we are at a park doing one...or if you are at the shop when i come by to do a clinic or demo we can get you on a bike as well
cool, do me a favor while you are still in bedford though. tell those knuckleheads to stop making cx bikes with disc brakes. i mean there's a point where fighting with the uci gets dumb :) this is possibly the only rule that the uci has made in the last couple of years that i agree whole heartedly with

lol will see what i can do, but doubt i have much pull over that. and i know a lot of people that use cross bikes llike that for commuting, great setup. but i understand. i dont agree with the ruling but i will let them know someone thought that

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Zman said:
lol will see what i can do, but doubt i have much pull over that. and i know a lot of people that use cross bikes llike that for commuting, great setup. but i understand. i dont agree with the ruling but i will let them know someone thought that
for commuting maybe, but for cx racing it's a bit dangerous. ever seen someone's finger cut off by a rotor? just imagine what it could do to a calf if you have a little mishap while dismounting or someone's wheel gets close to you while you are running, one word my man; OUCH

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
Zman-(Patrick?)

Thanks for the help this weekend. Really appreciate you comin out to the slop to support the event. Who was the rep with you again? I was the Bikesource/Cannondale guy---(cough* giant stp *cough)--- See you around next season! If you see Mr. Manchester (sp?) tell him Bikesource Gravity says THANK YOU!

Looking forward to riding the Prophet next year.

-Jeff-

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
neversummersnow said:
Zman-(Patrick?)

Thanks for the help this weekend. Really appreciate you comin out to the slop to support the event. Who was the rep with you again? I was the Bikesource/Cannondale guy---(cough* giant stp *cough)--- See you around next season! If you see Mr. Manchester (sp?) tell him Bikesource Gravity says THANK YOU!

Looking forward to riding the Prophet next year.

-Jeff-
Hey dude,

Im pretty sure I saw you at nats. staying like two chalets down from me. Or at least I saw your bike.