Quantcast

Caffinated Beer...?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Have you heard that Anheiser-Busch is coming out with a new beer concoction?

It's called B (to the E power). Anyway, this stuff has the same amount of caffine as a cup of coffee!!

So, either the drunks will never pass out or they'll be so hyped up there will be multiple bar fights. I'm not so sure this is a good idea for a new product.

.....but then again.....as a breakfast drink, it has some potential....

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/news/BtoE_100404.htm

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
N8 said:
Have you heard that Anheiser-Busch is coming out with a new beer concoction?

It's called B (to the E power). Anyway, this stuff has the same amount of caffine as a cup of coffee!!

So, either the drunks will never pass out or they'll be so hyped up there will be multiple bar fights. I'm not so sure this is a good idea for a new product.

.....but then again.....as a breakfast drink, it has some potential....

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/news/BtoE_100404.htm
No worse than a RedBull and Vodka...

Besides, their beers taste like crap so they might as well add something to it...

-beer snob

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yeah, I read an article on this. The article claimed (and I agree from experience) that there's no way that the caffine will counteract the effects of the alcohol. It's like the whole Redbull and vodka thing.. It's all psychological, the drink simply won't give you enough energy to knock aside the severe depressive effects of the alcohol.

Passing out is a natural part of getting drunk, I wish people would stop fighting it :D :p

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
On a semi related note, Anyone ever taken those pills called "Chaser" that are supposed to preemptively strike hangovers? Does it work>

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BurlySurly said:
On a semi related note, Anyone ever taken those pills called "Chaser" that are supposed to preemptively strike hangovers? Does it work>
A couple people I talked to said they work, but I'm a little skeptical. Hangovers are caused by dehydration. I'm wondering if they just cause your body to retain more water, similar to the effects of ephedrine.

Drink a big glass of water before bed and be happy :thumb:

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
BurlySurly said:

Yes it works edit- the one I took is called RU-21. Similar concoction, I'm assuming a bit with Chasers, but the RU-21 worked marvelously.

Oh yeah, looks like someone at AB watched re-runs of the Drew Carey show (Buzz Beer.) Yippee...more fizzy pee-water....

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
BurlySurly said:
I haven't taken those pills but I have taken plenty of other stupid things that claimed to prevent hangovers. the only thing I have found that works is to not drink so damm much. that's not going to happen though so I'll just cuntinue to spend half my week hungover.

drinking water while drinking beer sorta helps but after 10 or so beers, i'm gunna be hungover......

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
First of all there is NOTHING that Anheiser-Busch produces that can be considered beer.

Secondly this new drink is for white trash dudes that consider themselves meterosexuals, and chicks.

B_A_MTBIKER

Monkey
May 4, 2004
Where the wild things are
Chaser is BS. They are only supposed to work on 6 drinks or less, who drinks only 6 drinks. If you drink more, your a$$ is gonna be hungover unless you drink plenty of water.

Boo Chaser--Hoorray for BEER

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
B_A_MTBIKER said:
Chaser is BS. They are only supposed to work on 6 drinks or less, who drinks only 6 drinks. If you drink more, your a$$ is gonna be hungover unless you drink plenty of water.

Boo Chaser--Hoorray for BEER

If you eat a big meal (steak dinner) you tend not to get a wasted so fast. if you're drinking all night long...eat some stuff...you'll be better off.

Man, health class is great :blah: