Quantcast

California Monkey's!!!

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
Originally posted by Batman
Need to know between LAX and San Diego Airport which is closer to and more convenient to Indio, CA.

Thanks.
Fly to San Diego. Indio is out in the desert, south of Palm Springs. About 3 hours from LAX.

mtnbikej

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
hmmm, the only problem is that I'm flying from Buffalo, and it seems to be very expensive to fly into Palm Springs. I plan on busing it from whichever airport I'm at to Indio. Any advice?

bikebabe

Monkey
Jul 31, 2002
Maryland
The cheapest flight is most likely going to be into LAX but getting to Indio from there isn't going to be cheap. Ontario (ONT) and San Diego usually cost the same to fly into. If you're taking the bus to Indio, the the closest "big" airport is Ontario. I think they also have shuttles to the Palm Springs area. Do you have any possibility of renting a car though?

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
Ah. No possibility on renting a car, not 25. hmm....right now my best plan is to fly into San Diego and take the grey hound to Indio. Grey hound is $40 for a roundtrip (gonna be coming back a few days later).

On a related note: Anyone going to Coachella Festival and driving through San Diego or L.A. and have two extra spots in the car?

Keep the advice coming...

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
You might want to wear light colors and bring some kind of hat. Lots O water! Getting hot out there.

Oh, and if by chance you happen to find a Weld Wheel with a 35" BGF Mud with a half of a Toyata Tundra spindle let me know. We lost it a few weeks ago. Would be nice to get it back.
LOL, running 75+ in the dark is a good way to break the spindles off trucks. We found the left one but the right side is still out there. :rolleyes:

R

Rabie

Originally posted by Batman
Ah. No possibility on renting a car, not 25. hmm....right now my best plan is to fly into San Diego and take the grey hound to Indio. Grey hound is $40 for a roundtrip (gonna be coming back a few days later).

On a related note: Anyone going to Coachella Festival and driving through San Diego or L.A. and have two extra spots in the car?

Keep the advice coming...
Are you over 21? If so, you can rent a car from most places with just a small additional charge ($15?) to cover your youthful recklessness.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
The bus doesn't sound like a bad idea though...I assume there will be some boozing and such, right? Might be nice to not worry about driving or having a friend puke in the backseat of the rental car...

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
Yeah...renting a car isn't an option, too much $$$. So far the best plan still sounds like flying into San Diego and busing it to Indio. Any of you San Diego monkey's know where the Grey Hound station is in relation to the airport?
Thanks.

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Batman, you're the guy with the long hair from DM right?? I think we met with Matt Juhaz (SP?) a couple years ago on the way up to Horseshoe.

When are you going out to SoCal? I'm flying in on the 23rd from Toronto to San Diego and I'll be staying in Encinitas for a week.

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
Hey Miko,
Nah, Kevin is the guy with long hair, I was the other guy with blonde hair when we met up with you on the way to Horshoe with Matt Juhaz (but yes I am from dropmachine).

I'm hoping to fly out either the 29th or 30th of April. How much are you paying to San Diego from Toronto? It seems to be about $60-70 more than from Buffalo.

hmmm....You wanna pick me up at the airport and drive me to Indio? :p

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Fly out from Toronto if it's only gonna cost $70 extra for a ticket. If you fly out of buffalo you have to count on about $20 for gas each way, then going across the border will take time, then the drive is about 1.5 hrs from Mississauga. Not worth it.

And no, I won't pick you up and drive you to Indio on the last day of my vacation ;)

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
pfff, I'm not paying $70 extra to fly from T.O., that's what friends are for :p Everyone likes driving to Buffalo :rolleyes:

I dunno, I'm gonna have to see how things unfold in the next 24hrs, this trip is getting more expensive by the hour.