Quantcast

Callahan in Framingham

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
I rode Callahan for the first time on Saturday. Turns out I live about 5 minutes from the Framingham entrance. Good trails...

BUT, what's with all the trails closed to bikes? It seemed like at every junction there was a no biking sign. Felt like there were more trails closed to bikes than open.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
The closed to bikes trails are on sudbury trustee land, and aren't part of the actual park. They have a prejudice against bikes, and that is why you are seeing the signs.

Venture over to the Marlborough side past Edmands road. Better trails on that side and all are open to bikes except the Sudbury Reservoir trail.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
The closed to bikes trails are on sudbury trustee land, and aren't part of the actual park. They have a prejudice against bikes, and that is why you are seeing the signs.

Venture over to the Marlborough side past Edmands road. Better trails on that side and all are open to bikes except the Sudbury Reservoir trail.
So that's the deal eh? I don't think I've ever been on a trails system with more "no biking" signs.

Yeah, I plan on exploring the other side, but didn't have time on Saturday. It looks like I can get over there pretty easily from the Framingham side. I'd rather ride over from there then drive to Marlborough.