Quantcast

Campers

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I have a 6x12 enclosed trailer that we have converted to a toy hauler/camper. I just expanded my battery situation to a second deep cycle marine in parallel to keep the voltage at 12VDC. I added a battery monitor and fuse block. I am charging the circuit with a 100W Renology solar with PWM controller. As for loads I have 2 Maxxfans and a LED light strip. At full consumption I'm around 50ish watts discharge. The system will run the fans all night, but haven't really figured out what % the battery is down and how long it takes to recharge to 100%. But I'm assuming that since I'm only consuming half of my charging capacity, I'll have plenty to get back to 100% within the day, hopefully less.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@kidwoo ....if you fuck around on instagram....check out usedfourwheelcampers....

EDIT: or is that the instagram site of the place you mentioned.....

either way.....happy hunting....

EDIT: do you haul your snowmobiles in the back of your truck or a trailer?

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
@kidwoo ....if you fuck around on instagram....check out usedfourwheelcampers....

EDIT: or is that the instagram site of the place you mentioned.....

either way.....happy hunting....

EDIT: do you haul your snowmobiles in the back of your truck or a trailer?

Yeah that's where I saw the listing. Funny (depressing?) thing is that it was 1.5 hrs from me in a town I pass through regularly.

Sleds go on the freedom mobile. I was thinking I'd get a frame built for that one and then build it out myself but it's pricey.

20180717_141154.jpg

That Tacoma/popup situation was just too perfect. I mostly wanted the truck, the camper was a bonus. I could have sold that thing to young outdoor white couple™ for twice the price if I didn't like it.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not sure which manufacturer this belongs to that I walked past in a store lot yesterday.

I was thinking it implied a camper direct from the car company though, rather than 3rd party conversion.

Michigan manufacturer plates.

20180718_171754_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Saw on Expedition Portal that Yellowstone is selling some of their iconic yellow busses. A little elbow grease and they’d probably make a killer camper.

upload_2018-7-29_20-19-48.jpeg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Have to clean out the camper and reload my crap sometime this week. I am working multi day horse shows every weekend. Right now I need to refill the propane, fresh water tank. stock the fridge, and wipe all the dust that blew in at last weekends show off of every inside surface and most importantly load up my bike gear for those all important post work rides.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
where I was there is a lot of human camping activity. very uncool to take a dump within miles of the dispersed camping areas. Once you have the system down it only takes a few minutes to empty the tanks. My camper has a hose hookup with a one way valve that lets you hook up a garden hose and the internal jets wash down the inner walls of the black waste tank.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
20170524_204207.jpg

This ARE topper was 500 bucks on craigslist and its the best camper... taller than a cab high, I dont have to pull the front wheel off my bikes to put them in the truck. Also, with the cupboard for shit, it helps keep the cab organized. Would recommend finding one on craigslist for cheap but would buy a new one also, dont know if I would ditch the tailgate for doors or not.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
View attachment 130103

This ARE topper was 500 bucks on craigslist and its the best camper... taller than a cab high, I dont have to pull the front wheel off my bikes to put them in the truck. Also, with the cupboard for shit, it helps keep the cab organized. Would recommend finding one on craigslist for cheap but would buy a new one also, dont know if I would ditch the tailgate for doors or not.
For those of us above 6" and with a wife near 6" sleeping in the truck bed just wouldn't work.
Wife was always jealous of @Adventurous 's old setup until I pointed out our heights versus a 6" truck bed.