Quantcast

Cane Creek goes Ti

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Depend on the grade of titanium. A-10 cockpits are made from titanium so the bullets from small arms will bounce right off.
You do realize the material thickness and overall design also influences that? This doesn't prove titanium is great for everything. Plus being buletproof and not bending while being as light as carbon and not snapping at welds are not exactly the same requirements. TI has many advantages over other materials but I really dislike when people make it to be a super sci-fi space metal.

Last edited:

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
You do realize the material thickness and overal also influences that? This doesn't prove titanium is great for everything. Plus being buletproof and not bending while being as light as carbon and not snapping at welds are not exactly the same requirements. TI has many advantages over other materials but I really dislike when people make it to be a super sci-fi space metal.
Thanks for making that clear. I think I'm holding up for the unobtainium version then.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
You do realize the material thickness and overall design also influences that? This doesn't prove titanium is great for everything. Plus being buletproof and not bending while being as light as carbon and not snapping at welds are not exactly the same requirements. TI has many advantages over other materials but I really dislike when people make it to be a super sci-fi space metal.
So you are saying that Ti is basically Adamantium.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
$999 for something that looks like a faded old octalink crank from 1999...

deore.jpg

I'll take the superficial high road out of this one.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
$999 for something that looks like a faded old octalink crank from 1999...

View attachment 128551

I'll take the superficial high road out of this one.
It's a perfect rich nerd product. A bit like a car you have to explain to people. I'm sure this will be bought by the same guys who have a rare ugly car they spend their whole first date explaining why it's special only to not get laid and never understand why.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
It's a perfect rich nerd product. A bit like a car you have to explain to people. I'm sure this will be bought by the same guys who have a rare ugly car they spend their whole first date explaining why it's special only to not get laid and never understand why.
Sounds like your typical beetle, I mean 911 owner.